Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here are 9 pictures of old train stuff

What's the best way to divide this and sell it? The 322 loco will obviously sell by itself, and Sam the Semaphore Man (with instructions!) by itself also. The rest I'm pretty clueless. Any good useful advice is appreciated I will reward it with a paltry amount of GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say ask around on model train web sites. I know that there is a very dedicated fan base for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
I'd say ask around on model train web sites. I know that there is a very dedicated fan base for them.

Know any good ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. I'm just into board games. I had a former coworker who moonlighted making model train equipment but I don't know how to get in touch with him any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could also google around and see if there's a model train club in your area, that you could consult with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allergic to eBay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:
Are you allergic to eBay?

No. In fact, I have about 25 auctions going over there right now (If you want some one-owner G1 transformers, find me over there today or you will miss the boat).

My questions are more like: Do I sell the cars together or separately? What about the track, all at once? Do I sell accessories with a transformer or keep all those separate, to give buyers what they want? What's a fair price for the 307? The 322? When I describe the conditions, what should I point out? And what of the cardboard bridge in the third picture? I can't find any of those online. Are they rare and/or valuable?

Answering those questions would have been more helpful than asking about my histamine response when I visit ebay. I thank you anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
wmshub wrote:

Know any good ones?

Try ModelTrainGeek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The hardest part of becoming a self-made man has got to be creating your own DNA sequences.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only moderately into model trains (N gauge), but I've spent a good bit of time around collectors. Here's my suggestions:

The locomotives as separate items. (I have a #322 like yours and the tenders for American Flyer are wired to the locos.)
The track and wiring as a lot.
The semaphore and wire as a lot.
Perhaps two lots for the rolling stock, divided approximately evenly. (i.e. one caboose each, one gondola each, one boxcar each, etc.)
The cardboard bridge and risers as a lot. (It may be very rare since you can't find it on Ebay.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.