Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked CMON the following question, through the Season 3 KS:

Quote:
Will there be a way for Season 2 backers who are not backing Season 3 to get the reprinted promo dashboards?

and got the following reply:

Quote:
We are still in the process of trying to figure out a solution to reprint promo dashboards for the Season 2 game.

So, whilst they clearly don't have a definite solution to the Dashboard reprint issue just yet, it is also clear that they are working on a solution for people that backed Season 2 but are not backing Season 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Quote:
Will there be a way for Season 2 backers who are not backing Season 3 to get the reprinted promo dashboards?

Quote:
We are still in the process of trying to figure out a solution to reprint promo dashboards for the Season 2 game.

So, whilst they clearly don't have a definite solution to the Dashboard reprint issue just yet, it is also clear that they are working on a solution for people that backed Season 2 but are not backing Season 3.

I noticed that the purple box of dashboards says it has a retail value of $75. I think $75 is ridiculous for people who already own the misprints, but at least it implies it's an item that can be purchased retail rather than a kickstarter exclusive.

*edit* Oops, just noticed it also says "kickstarter exclusive." I'm not sure how something can be both retail and exclusive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Their solution could still end up being "print your own."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
krayziekmf wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Their solution could still end up being "print your own."

Yeah, this is pretty similar to the response they gave me via email months ago, when the misprints first came to light:

"[...] we are keeping in mind our Season 2 backers that would like to just receive the cards, and are looking into options that will allow as many of our Season 2 backers to have access to reprinted cards as possible."

What was that, 4 months ago? Surely it can't take that long to figure something out. It only took them 6 months to create, print, ship and start delivering Season 2 wave 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, is the exact same e-mail that I got from them last week as well. They clearly have a copy & paste response for it. It could mean they're going to sort something out, or it could mean that post S3 Kickstarter they tell S2 backers to do one (which is what my money is on!). I had a similarly generic reply to my request about what was happening with Relic Knights (it's being packed, it'll come when it comes basically).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The picture says KS exclusive, but can get it at retail later - I think the exclusive refers to the color "purple". The storage properly comes in more common Zombicide colors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:
$75 -- for a plastic box and some pieces of cardboard.

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with us? In the "real world" if someone asked you to pay that much for so little, you'd punch them in the face.

But in the gaming world? Seems perfectly reasonable.

We're fine with it right now since no one is actually paying $75 for it. If it actually hits stores with a $75 price tag everyone will just laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with us? In the "real world" if someone asked you to pay that much for so little something you already paid for, you'd punch them in the face.

FTFY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
They have more chance of me sucking their nuts than forking over $75 for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plenty of folks getting multiple copies will be selling their extra dashboards on ebay... I'm sure they won't sell for $75 on ebay, don't worry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clark
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:

Seriously, what the heck is wrong with us? In the "real world" if someone asked you to pay that much for so little, you'd punch them in the face.

Yes, only gamers pay insane amounts of money for little bits of cardboard in plastic boxes: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Szpyra
United States
CHICAGO
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya know, if it does have an MSRP of $75, why not just drop the $100 and get all the new toys (sans optionals and AN)?

At that price you could probably sell off the KS exclusive figs, take a profit, and still have your boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't have a 'real' MSRP of $75, CMON have set it at a ridiculously high level in order to tempt people on board to the new KS as you suggest. No idiot in their right mind would pay $75 for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.