Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked CMON the following question, through the Season 3 KS:

Quote:
Will there be a way for Season 2 backers who are not backing Season 3 to get the reprinted promo dashboards?

and got the following reply:

Quote:
We are still in the process of trying to figure out a solution to reprint promo dashboards for the Season 2 game.

So, whilst they clearly don't have a definite solution to the Dashboard reprint issue just yet, it is also clear that they are working on a solution for people that backed Season 2 but are not backing Season 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it's a little premature to call this good news. That's a response I would expect from them. It doesn't really mean anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
This is the same crap they've been saying since the problem came out.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but what is the dashboard problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jffalaschi wrote:

Some of the promo dashboards were printed without numbers on the experience track. It's easy to lose your spot at where you are or how many you're adding, especially in the longer orange section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
jffalaschi wrote:

Some of the promo dashboards were printed without numbers on the experience track. It's easy to lose your spot at where you are or how many you're adding, especially in the longer orange section.

Or if you playing on the dinner table, late nights, with dimmed lights...
hard to see what's really going on, on your dasboard... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find yellow to be hardest personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebus
Germany
flag msg tools
Have I missed something or are they still looking for a solution (or at least claiming that they are)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last response I had from them (post KS) was that they are still considering solutions and no decision will be made until after the dashboards have been received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be pretty shocked if they do anything beyond offering the first KS goal at retail which was a shocking $75 retail price according to them. I can't imagine anyone paying that, haha.

Either way... extremely premature to be excited about the announcement which was really nothing has changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anybody was getting excited about it. BUt it is interesting to see what CMON intend to do about it (most likely nothing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I don't think anybody was getting excited about it. BUt it is interesting to see what CMON intend to do about it (most likely nothing)

You don't think Scott was excited about it? He was ecstatic enough to create 2 threads on BGG and decide his conscious was satisfied about backing Season 3 because of it, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think creating two threads in the appropriate forums when not everybody checks both is a sign of excitement. Nor is there anything that suggest this information changes anybodies decision on whether to back S3 or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I don't think creating two threads in the appropriate forums when not everybody checks both is a sign of excitement. Nor is there anything that suggest this information changes anybodies decision on whether to back S3 or not.

Creating two threads over a non change of policy is not being excited? This has been their stance since the issue was found out. There was no point in a thread being created because their stance had not changed.

But whatever... why are we arguing about if he was excited or not? What's the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
rrrrupp wrote:
This has been their stance since the issue was found out.

Well to be accurate there was a distinct "no we don't care about that" phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
rrrrupp wrote:
This has been their stance since the issue was found out.

Well to be accurate there was a distinct "no we don't care about that" phase.

Right, but that was before the "Oh I guess you guys care about this, we'll work on a solution phase" which started shortly after the issue was found and people stated they were upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebus
Germany
flag msg tools
I didn't expect that many answers. Thanks, everyone

I'm not really surprised that there aren't any news though. It's not like I have any expectations when it comes to CMON...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Did this ever get resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

Yes, they ignored it until it went away.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

I don't think so. But it wasn't really expected that it was ever going to get resolved before distribution for Season 3, which includes the replacement dashboard stretch goals. While some US backers have gotten their base sets, none of the distribution that includes stretch goals has started yet. Maybe the dashboards are on with the final shipment to the US which is currently being delayed by the ongoing Longshoreman/Port disputes.
I don't know if anyone who this would apply to, (i.e. Season 2 backers who want replacement cards and didn't back season 3) has contacted CMON about it. That would probably be the first step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.