Gaspar Pujol
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
Maze of Galious forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been browsing through the rules and I've found a somewhat weird rule contradiction. Maybe it's only me being too strict, but I want to hear your oppinion.

In the Holding back the Darkness subsection (pg. 10) it says that your throw must be equal or greater (9+,8+,7+) to the number printed in the depth track. Ok, but in the next page it says literally "the longer the adventure goes, the harder is to hold the darkness back". It seems that the difficulty to throw 7+ (end game) is lower than 9+ (start of the game).

So which is wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are looking at the wrong side you begin at the mine entrance not the other one (for hold the darkness you use YOUR token not the darkness token).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game starts with 7+, then it can move into the 8+, then eventually the 9+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Moix wrote:
I've been browsing through the rules and I've found a somewhat weird rule contradiction. Maybe it's only me being too strict, but I want to hear your oppinion.

In the Holding back the Darkness subsection (pg. 10) it says that your throw must be equal or greater (9+,8+,7+) to the number printed in the depth track. Ok, but in the next page it says literally "the longer the adventure goes, the harder is to hold the darkness back". It seems that the difficulty to throw 7+ (end game) is lower than 9+ (start of the game).

So which is wrong?

Neither.The roll is based on the location of the Hero Posse marker [which moves from left to right as the exploration goes on] not the location of the Darkness marker [which moves from right to left as the Darkness gains power.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaspar Pujol
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
Maze of Galious forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooooo my fault.

In my mind "Holding back the darkness" had to do with the Darkness marker, not the Posse marker. But in fact now I see the phrase stating "[the number] listed at the bottom of the Stage that the Hero Posse markes is currently in".

So sorry and thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One question regarding the "hold the darkness at bay". The tile has 15 spaces. Doe sit mean that you can "only" have 15 rooms in a dungeon? The rulebook doesn't seems clear to me there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
15 tiles would be a really deep dungeon, but you can go deeper than that; if I recall, your marker doesn't go any deeper. As long as the darkness doesn't escape...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.