Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Would anyone like to see the Cardassian ATR-4107 "Dreadnought"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
msg tools
mb
Poll
Would you like to see the Cardassian ATR-4107 "Dreadnought" in the game?
Yes (as a tournament resource)
Yes (as a retail release)
Yes (as a mission included with another ship)
No
      45 answers
Poll created by Thot Prad

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing the Cardassian ATR-4107 "Dreadnought" missile show up in this game. I think it would make for an interesting tournament resource, or a mission. If it was a ship-based resource, it could be treated the same way as the Hideki Fighters in that you cannot assign a captain or crew to it, but still use it like a normal ship. If it was a mission that came with another ship, I think it would go well with a Maquis vessel (since they intercepted it before it got transported to the Delta Quadrant). The mission version could come with a token of the missile, much like the Valdore came with a token of the Schimitar. Or, if WizKids decided to release a retail version, they could still stipulate you cannot assign a captain or crew to it, but include some extra Cardassian captains/crew for use with other Dominion ships.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Burns
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I had to look up the episode, I hadn't seen it since it aired but I remember now. I could see it as a mission, though it would be so similar to the V'ger scenario it might be redundant. I'm not sure what ship it would come with, either.

The Romulan drone ship might be a good indication of how they might handle something like this in a retail ship. I could see it getting a Cardassian (er, well, Dominion I guess, boo!) generic and Independent (Maquis commandeered) named, with different "captains" to represent the reprogrammed computer system. Put a limitation on the ship that only those captains can be assigned. A new B'lonna and some Cardassian crew/upgrades. I'd buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Might make an interesting DOM resource like the fighters...

Hard to hit, BIG boom at the end (all ships within Range # take ## dice damage, no[?] evasion rolls).

Maybe a rule that might result in it going rogue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I voted for retail release, because I want to see as much stuff widely available as possible.

That being said, this is the kind of ship/craft that I think would make great tourament LE ship. It is fairly obscure, but still cool. I doesn't make a big difference in the overall game, but could still be fun to play and deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.