Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hopson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many effects in the game from cards, dudes, and deeds that give a dude a bonus, but my issue is few say when the effect end. Some will say permanently or as long as at this deed, but what about things like Li's Tailoring? It says a dude gets 1 influence. If I use this to keep control of a deed for this turn (say my opponent and I have 2 points of influence on my opponent's deed and I use Li's Tailoring to give me 3 points) will they still get the ghost rock next turn?

Basically the question is two parts:
1. At what phase of the game do temporary effect end?

2. How do you determine which affect are temporary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Temporary effects will tell you when they expire. If an effect doesn't tell you it expires, it's probably permanent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hopson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:
Temporary effects will tell you when they expire. If an effect doesn't tell you it expires, it's probably permanent.

Then why do some effects say "permanently"? the sloane base is like this with control points. Sun in Your Eye doesn't say the effect ends, so does the dude permanently become a draw and lose 2 bullets? Same for the Noon card War Paint. Will the character permanently get 2 bullets? That doesn't seem right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually the other way around. All effects are temporary unless they say otherwise. Noon last until the end of the turn. Shootout effects last during the shootout only
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hopson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
It's actually the other way around. All effects are temporary unless they say otherwise. Noon last until the end of the turn. Shootout effects last during the shootout only

That makes more sense and was how I was playing it. So in my original situation, it would not stop the ghost rock since at the end of the turn the one influence would go away and control would revert back to the owner.

Just wanted to confirm. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Oh wow, that's what I get for not playing the game in years. Mybad, sorry. >.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StarkeRealm wrote:

I have a feeling a lot of players are saying the same thing laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The old game didn't have this rule built in actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oninoted wrote:
StarkeRealm wrote:

I have a feeling a lot of players are saying the same thing laugh
Worst part is, I looked at some of the old Doomtown cards, and they used the "permanently" descriptor on them.

That said, cards that were modified permanently in the CCG actually kept those effects even if they left and reentered play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.