Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I just bought this from my FLGS, and I want to make sure that I have the correct components since they don't exactly jive with what either the rule book or the web site list of components state. I received:

6 elephant meeples
20 cow meeples
5 cobra meeples
10 mouse meeples
1 double-sided game board
70 gameplay cards (this has already been confirmed to be correct in other threads)
Other advertisement cards
2 tuck boxes
1 rule book

In the rule book it states I should have:

6 elephant pawns
4 cobra chips (I assume the cobra meeples take the place of these?)
72 cards (again, this has already been addressed)
10 cow pawns (I guess more is better?)
1 mouse pawn (not sure why I need 10, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something)
1 double-sided game board

If someone involved in the production of the game could comment on this, I'm sure it would be helpful not only to me, but anyone else who purchases this from retail. I will say that the components that are in the box are really cool looking. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,

Glad you like the look of the game.

I worked on the art/design and crafting the pieces, not the rulebook or the packing of the product, but it seems like you have got more of everything than you need? I only heard about it in passing in a team meeting, but I think there was some kind of over ordering of the pieces, so perhaps we just packed more in the boxes as a bonus seeing we had them, not sure. Or maybe it was a one off, I don't know if it is the same with all copies, I don't have mine yet. I think what has happened is when the rulebook was laid out it didn't take into account the upgrades that happened during the kickstarter.

I'll pass this link on to Michael Fox and have him update/correct the listing on our website.

Sorry I can't help more but I saw your post so thought I'd chime in with what I know. If you are missing anything, then contact service and they'll get it straight out to you. If not, I guess you could colour the mice and race them too!!

Also, I don't think we ever list the custom tuck-boxes as components (they are just a bonus upgrade to the regular plastic baggies you'd get in most games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Dann. Hopefully we can get a definitive list soon, but I appreciate the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there Mike - Michael here!

You should have the following in your Formula E box (though, of course, it's OK if you have more!).

6x Elephants
4x Cobras
10x Holy Cows
1x Mouse

70x Cards
1x Double Sided Board

The Game Salute site has also been updated to reflect this. Hope that you're enjoying the game!

- Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Michael. I guess I'll have extras just in case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.