Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was saving these for some great effort to rebuild attack wing into something a little more interesting, but my effort seem to be shifting elsewhere. No need to let these go to waste without showing them off so:

If I end up making templates of these I could end up doing the whole TMP era cast in this format. I had some ideas on what to do for a TNG background, but we'll see.

Started this because I wanted a card design that was impressive. I like minimalism, but I also like pretty cards that are well designed and since I'm a designer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. I'm on the fence about the overall aesthetic, but those crew icons are a stroke of genius.

Of course, for the refit maybe they should have been melting crew icons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the upgrade icons I mined the graphic icons found in places like Scott's Guide to the Enterprise and a trek Sticker book I have from that era. The transporter icon was the best I could get to representing crew, so there we go.

And yeah, these aren't perfect but I'm a little stuck on where to go with them. I thought they were good enough to show off anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'd want to swap the cost and upgrade icon positions on the ship card. One of the things WizKids did right with the current cards is keep the 'cost' in the same spot on all of them.

(Also: while there is certainly some debate as to the class name of the NCC-1701-A, the NCC-1701-refit that we have at the moment is still definitely "Constitution class". Or, more specifically, "Constitution-refit class".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be misremembering, but wasn't it called Enterprise class in the old FASA game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Canon sources seem to call it the Constitution class (refit), but I wanted to eliminate ambiguity by calling it the "Enterprise Class".

After all, there is some on-screen precedent.

Yes I am aware it's contradicted later. I still want to call it the Enterprise-class. unless more of you are happy with the nearly-identical dials between the Constitution and it's refit release?

Yes the old FASA game and many promotional sources referred to this ship (and others like it, both refit and new builds) as Enterprise-Class. As far as I can tell it stayed that way up until the Undiscovered Country put up contradictory information (nevermind other errors, like TOS plans being used in Trek III). Frankly I like Enterprise class better.

Memory Alpha discusses a bit of this in an article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the art style. If you told me this was Whiz Kid's in house look at the style for the 2nd edition, I might believe it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enterprise class makes sense to me. I've always thought it dumb to refer to what is obviously a completely different ship as a 'refit'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mbmb
What a vast improvement over the sub-par Wizkids design. I always envy X-Wing players for having the vastly superior components. Redoing the cards in this quality and printing them on a better cardstock would go a long way.

Thumbs up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.