Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I want to add that this is a great game and I think the foil labels look sharp. That said, I do think it's wise to give a warning.

Not sure how many others do this, but for all my block games I run a coat of clear nail polish over the labels so they don't peel, fade, or scratch. I started doing this after my Wallace block in HotS starting looking blown out. It's a great way to preserve the blocks and I'd say the equivalent to sleeving cards.

Anyway, I'm not sure what these foil labels are made of, but be very careful. While wet, before any polish dries, the top layer of label ink seems to liquefy and slide off easily leaving nothing but silver foil. I've got a wood terrain block where about 15-20% of it is whipped off as I touched it accidentally before it dried. Nothing but silver on a large portion of the block. This has never happened to any other block labels before, so I didn't expect it.

Anyway, after drying all is good and the labels are soundly protected, but be careful if you're OCD like me and plan to apply polish. You've got to be gentle with these labels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lesson 1, don't play with things that you shouldn't touch...hope your nails are pretty lol...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ps there are probably some chemistry teachers out there laughing at you now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever tried Krylon (or similar) acrylic spray? I wonder if that reacts the same way.

That's what I use on all my blocks now after the face down shuffling destroyed all my English blocks in HotS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.