Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got into the game, getting extremely lucky and buying a butt-load of stuff on e-bay. It arrived today and going through all the cards I noticed some of the soldiers have symbols on their cards (leafs, medals, Indian heads, etc). I can't find what these mean anywhere.

What are the symbols used for?
What does each mean?
Is there a resource to state this info?

Thanks,
Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don,
Welcome to the crazy world of SMG. The symbols stand for various specialties a soldier may possess. Snipers, engineers, etc. As far as what each symbol actually stands for...well, I asked that question of LBG about a year ago. If you've been following this board at all, you can guess what the answer was...silence. So, as far as exactly what each symbol stands for, short of making your own chart or cheat sheet, your guess is as good as mine. Maybe some other SMGer out there has compiled this info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now the only real significance (game-wise) of the symbols on the cards are used for the Tactics Modules. Some of them require certain criteria to fill the team member slots. Sometimes it's a "Look 16+, or a Sergeant, or a specific symbol.

Hope that helps.
Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

-Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanomag wrote:
Right now the only real significance (game-wise) of the symbols on the cards are used for the Tactics Modules. Some of them require certain criteria to fill the team member slots. Sometimes it's a "Look 16+, or a Sergeant, or a specific symbol.

Hope that helps.
Feel free to ask any other questions you have.

-Jeff M.

Some of the tactics modules allow you to team up a Machine Gunner with a MGer Assistant. The result is a pretty powerful machine gun "team". In some cases, allowing the team to shoot each phase wether or not a shoot action is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the replies. Makes sense now.

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.