3 Posts

Machina Arcana» Forums » Rules

Subject: Various questions - dropping, using spaces, ritual cloak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett DiCio
msg tools
All,

Tried to ask this on the kick starter forum, but I suspect Juraj has a lot on his plate with shipments. If anyone has a definite answer to the below, let me know.

1) I can't find any reason to drop something in Easy Mode, other than thrown weapons. Is there an item limit I missed? Otherwise, I just hold onto everything for trade, workshop, or as sacrifice for level 5 play. Or in normal mode I can drop and marker it if someone else wants to pick it up while I move.
2)Pg 21 - Use a specific space - even if it is used for a quest, do I still get to use it as its original function? (i.e. do I still get treasure from treasure space used for a quest fulfillment?)
3)Does ritual cloak make *all* my attacks arcane or just the abilities of the explorer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juraj Bilić
Croatia
Varazdin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
airwaffle wrote:
1) I can't find any reason to drop something in Easy Mode, other than thrown weapons. Is there an item limit I missed? Otherwise, I just hold onto everything for trade, workshop, or as sacrifice for level 5 play. Or in normal mode I can drop and marker it if someone else wants to pick it up while I move.

You are playing correctly, there is no item limit.

Quote:
2)Pg 21 - Use a specific space - even if it is used for a quest, do I still get to use it as its original function? (i.e. do I still get treasure from treasure space used for a quest fulfillment?)

You don't get to use the original function of the space.
Example: you have two quests, first one: 'use treasure space: restore 2 health', second: 'use treasure space: restore 2 essence'.
You can use treasure space to: restore 2 health, restore 2 essence or gain treasure.

Quote:
3)Does ritual cloak make *all* my attacks arcane or just the abilities of the explorer?

All. Even from traps and exploding barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett DiCio
msg tools
Thank you very much for answering. You are making an incredible effort to keep up with everything at once.

1.) Yeah thought so thanks for confirming
2.) Makes things a little tougher, but not unexpected
3.) Very unexpected making even barrels and traps I activate become arcane.

Thank you for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.