Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my second game of The South Shall Rise Again. I am really digging this one.

Squad:

- Private Pickett with a Bridesburg rifle, Skinny skill and Release Me as his Heroic Action.

- Private Williams with a Springfield rifle, Lucky skill and Distraction as his Heroic Action.

===========================================

Guarding the road outside of town, Pickett and Williams found themselves facing an onslaught of the undead

Firing off their rifles, Pickett killed a Revenant, but due to an unlucky roll he lost his footing, and Williams took a running shot at another Revenant also wounding it.

As the undead approached, Pickett recovered from his lost footing, shoving the approaching Zebs away from him. Williams used the fence for protection as he reloaded his rifle.

Pickett retreated over the fence, buying himself some time. Williams took a shot at the wounded Revenant, his luck proved disastrous as he missed, the rifle shot drawing all of the undead even closer. Before the Revenant could attack Williams he threw a bottle behind them, drawing them in the other direction.

Pickett continued to retreat from the army of undead, taking a successful shot at an approaching Revenant, wounding it. Williams also took a great shot stunning a Revenant. As the Zebs began filing around the fence towards Pickett, a Revenant jumped the fence, grappling him and causing a wound.

Pickett stabbed the Revenant, killing it, bringing him great pride and renewed vigor, while Williams wounded another Revenant with his pistol. As the Zebs continued to navigate the fence, chasing Pickett, 2 Revenants attacked Williams, one wounding him.

As Pickett reloaded his rifle in preparation for the approaching horde of Zebs, Williams stuck his bayonet in the Revenant that had hold of him, killing it. The other Revenant tried to bite him, but to no effect.

Pickett wounded an approaching Zeb with a rifle shot, but the sound drew another Zeb onto the battlefield, directly behind him. Williams killed the remaining Revenant with his pistol. As the Zebs split into two groups, one after Williams the other after Pickett, the newly arrived Zeb tried to tackle Pickett from behind without success.

Pickett wounded a Zeb with a pistol shot, as Williams, not liking his odds, decided to run from the battle.

The newly arrived Zeb finally got a hold of Pickett.

As Williams left the scene, Pickett fatally stabbed the Zeb that had a hold of him. Unfortunately another of the approaching Zebs mortally wounded Pickett as he fired off one last shot in desperation.

Williams returned to the garrison in town, reporting that while he and Pickett had killed many undead, Pickett was dead and the road was overrun.

===========================================

Squeezed a 5VP "Dangerous Victory" out of this one. I have a long way to go to get good at this. About 30min playtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing, you are really convincing me about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like it. I was looking for a quick set-up, quick to play game with some depth and this really hits the button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Stanfill
United States
Flint
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great AAR! Thanks again for sharing. I love the game and can't wait for a expansion.
-Ted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadleeTedlee wrote:
Great AAR! Thanks again for sharing. I love the game and can't wait for a expansion.
-Ted

No problem. Thanks for reading. I can't wait for an expansion either! This game has dragged me away from my X-wing Miniatures game addiction. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.