Kevin W
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello people quick question the ad blocker here is that for the ads that scroll at the side of the site like job ads or youtubers or games or is it for these stupid ads that pop up at the bottom and block parts of the screen or do i have malware
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge, there are only banner ads around here and no screen-covering pop ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sieland
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might have some sort of malware. If you are running on an older version of Chrome, I'd recommend checking your extensions and make sure there are no third-party installs you do not recall adding as well.

I don't use an ad blocker on this site because most of them (save for some of the Google AdSense ads) are exactly the kind I want to see. The only ads are pretty non-invasive:
- one at the top
- one on the right side
- the small 120x45 one in the top left that tells you about geekstore updates as such
- the BGG Store add that scrolls through the newer promos in the BGG Store

I've never seen any ad that has even covered up any of the site's content, much less a pop-up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malware: A banner is across the top of the page, between the header and the body of the page; and there's a columnar ad to the right--aside from a few tiny ads here and there.

Last I researched, Avast was leading the many free anti-malware products. Probably the biggest thing is to avoid Internet Explorer. Firefox is free and doesn't want to install adware with it; if you're a fan of all things Google, you'll want Chrome, though I notice more minor web problems reported for Chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.