Paths of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Belgian Rules Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyril Lagvanec
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I have been playing _PoG_ for almost fifteen years and I really like the Belgian rules. But I have a key question:

Rule 18.0 about the French and Russian war plans uses the phrase "if not permitted to advance." What does that mean?

1. The Allied army won the battle and the Germans negated the retreat via their terrain, or

2. The Allied army simply attacked and won, lost or drew the battle and hence was not permitted to advance?

I believe it is the former, and I really know and love the game, but it is causing dissent amongst my gaming friends who also really enjoy _PoG_.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And 3) if no full strength units...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen the variant (and would like to), but there is at least one other case that deserves mention:

4) The Allied player won, and has at least one full-strength unit left, but the defending space contains an intact fort which the remaining full-strength attackers are too few to besiege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdgalt wrote:
I have not seen the variant (and would like to)

Banquet des Généraux site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril Lagvanec
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Again, as per my initial question, according to the Belgians, what does "if not permitted to advance" PRECISELY mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril Lagvanec
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
OK, has anyone ever corresponded with the guys at Le Banquet des Generaux? They have not replied to more than a dozen e-mails. What gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.