Subject: Shuffling the Ruins - Can you keep track? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
When a card says you may shuffle the ruins, you obviously don't have to.

But if you choose to, can you do it in such a way that you know where the cards went ... ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:

But if you choose to, can you do it in such a way that you know where the cards went ... ?

N.

I'm no expert, so this isn't definitive, but I would think that shuffling cards implies that you should not be able to track them afterwards. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Moviebuffs wrote:

N.

I'm no expert, so this isn't definitive, but I would think that shuffling cards implies that you should not be able to track them afterwards. Just my opinion.

That's how I interpret it. It may be necessary to have at least two players do the shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it that since the game is a lot about confusing and misleading other players, the shuffling of the deck is for the effect of confusing other players, not necessarily yourself.

So if you have two cards to shuffle, perhaps some Mascarade-style "shuffling under the table" is the way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hawley
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
If you choose to shuffle, then you must shuffle in a way that you don't know what order they're in. The question is: Are you required to tell the other players whether you chose to shuffle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiedyemike wrote:
If you choose to shuffle, then you must shuffle in a way that you don't know what order they're in. The question is: Are you required to tell the other players whether you chose to shuffle?

Yes, otherwise you would not be picking up the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.