Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Extra spawn zombies: Walk of the Dead 2 or Toxic City Mall expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Tuggle
United States
Redding
California (CA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am new to Season 1, with 3 games played in 2 days. I think I am hooked. It sounds like it is a good idea to pick up extra zombies to avoid the extra "actions" during a spawn. I have almost pulled the trigger on Walk of the Dead 2, but am thinking of picking up Toxic City Mall expansion instead. Couldn't I just use the green zombies of Toxic as regular season 1 zombies? This seems like a better use of my limited money. Can I get some suggestions on this idea? I would appreciate any replies to my somewhat "dumb" question. Thanks! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TCM is the way to go, as you will get more survivors, more tiles and a different type of zombie. There is nothing wrong with using the toxic zombies as regulars, but they are more fun as toxic (and will mean fewer regulars needed on the board), or with just using the spawning card to represent zombies until more are killed thereby ignoring the extra activation rule. You can play however you like, but remember that everything affects the ease/difficulty of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, TCM hands down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
TCM for sure.. there is more bang for the buck there.. BUT.. if your looking to just play maps with regular zombies, and are okay printing survivors and proxying the minis, then its not a bad idea to consider a TCM or PO tile pack and a walk of the dead 2..

It allows you to play more maps, but with regulars..

However, like i said, if your really looking to get into the game, TCM is by far a better choice.. you will soon want to add more challenge to the game, and having the toxics will do that, as well as the minis are good "updates" to the originals.

you could always remove say, 10 cards from the spawn deck if you really wanted to.. but honestly, knowing there will be extra activations is part of the fun/stress of the game.. it keeps you moving forward killing zombies to get some back in the pile.. but can really muck you up when you arnt paying attention!

and you can always tell other people to get you walk of the dead packs for birthday/christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tuggle
United States
Redding
California (CA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you to those who replied to my post. I have ordered TCM on your recommendations. I can't wait to get it. By the way, I am now up to 4 plays in three days. This game is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.