Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Bugs

Subject: Upload image from phone gallery no longer available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Previously when uploading images via my smartphone (Samsung note 3), when I click on the upload image icon (the camera with an arrow) one of the options I am given is the phone's gallery, where photos are stored.

Now, the gallery is not available, so I can no longer upload photos from the phone. Other options are available, such as the camera, but that's not of any use to upload a previously taken photo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is likely an issue with your phone. Have the permissions for accessing your phone's gallery changed?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
This is likely an issue with your phone. Have the permissions for accessing your phone's gallery changed?


I assumed not, but then I've realised that my son was playing with it, so possibly - do you know where such permissions would be stored?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kerpob2 wrote:
I assumed not, but then I've realised that my son was playing with it, so possibly - do you know where such permissions would be stored?

No, I don't have an android phone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea if this applies to you but I have to use the Legacy uploader to see my phone gallery on my Android.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCid91 wrote:
I have no idea if this applies to you but I have to use the Legacy uploader to see my phone gallery on my Android.

Was that a recent change, or has it always been that way?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kerpob2 wrote:
ElCid91 wrote:
I have no idea if this applies to you but I have to use the Legacy uploader to see my phone gallery on my Android.

Was that a recent change, or has it always been that way?


For me, its always been that way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Found out how to do it. There is an option called "files" and you can select images from within there. I'm guessing this was a Samsung or Android update. Not a bgg bug.

Proof below:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.