tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing work on a computer with no sound card and so haven't been able to listen. I assume it's satire. Would I get the jokes by looking up the lyrics without the tune?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
whac3 wrote:
I'm doing work on a computer with no sound card and so haven't been able to listen. I assume it's satire. Would I get the jokes by looking up the lyrics without the tune?

You will not find the humor, and could as easily deny merit in the words if you read them or heard them.

Edit: I'll save you the time and effort and post your response.

None of that is true. Also the chorus and verses seem to be a mash up that was not well thought out.

Koldie;

Your gauge of my views makes the salte-o-meter look accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
whac3 wrote:

It's about the IRS scandal. The joke is that the hard drive failures were 'just chance'.

As satire, its not bad. I liked the bit where they referenced the Hilary Clinton book, and the book comes up as a pop-up, and the singer reaches over to the little x box, clicks it, and it goes away. That was a nice cute 'meta' touch.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.