Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been able to complete either Campaign mode on the digital version of Star Realms? I find it to be very difficult and have not gotten very far on either of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Jochum
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Ive beat the first campaign on hard and am working on the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have beaten the first campaign on hard and am working on the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I beat both chapters on normal and am working my way back through on Hard. Got stuck on some of the missions for a while but stuck it out and finished it well. There are some missions I nailed the first time on my tablet but then used my phone and got stuck on that same mission for about 7-8 times before I beat it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished both on Normal, haven't done much with either on Hard. I found the Campaign 2 mission where the opponent starts with one Imperial ship substituted to be the most significant roadblock. I most enjoy going back to the Campaign 2 mission that doubles the effect of Scouts and Vipers; it's a whole different economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished both on Normal. Haven't tried hard yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Wilkins
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Blob mission on Chapter 2 (Hard) is so tough. Took me 20+ tries to beat it. Some of the others I beat the first time, including Nemesis Beast (Hard).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
post_apocalypse wrote:
The Blob mission on Chapter 2 (Hard) is so tough.

That is where I am having difficulties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still stuck on the Hard blobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bubo Mortis
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've completed both campaigns on Hard difficulty. None of the missions compare to the Machine Cult mission with it's starting Brain World in play on Hard. I still have bruises from that thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gillham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Chap 2 Hard Blobs are harder than they intended, I think. Took me probably 50 tries before I was able to buy the perfect sequence of cards to win. Then the two scenarios afterward took me four tries between them to win both :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
I finished both on hard within a few days of the game being released. I think the key is that when things go poorly early go just give up and start again because you are not going to win that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubo wrote:
I've completed both campaigns on Hard difficulty. None of the missions compare to the Machine Cult mission with it's starting Brain World in play on Hard. I still have bruises from that thing!

I think it's much more of a matter of play style. That one was ok for me, but I had huge problems with one of the other ones.

They are doable and good training for future online play. Just know that the odds are really stacked agaisnt you, it might take a good number of tries to complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Beat chapter one fully on normal, playing chapter two now. It only took me three losses in total to beat chapter one.
I bought both, the cards and the full game for the app. So I play online more.

MrLebaRican is my name, come battle me. this game is real fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
bubo wrote:

Still stuck there. The opening layout is what sets the tone. If they get the 2nd Brainworld, or 1+ Recycling centers it is over. If they get the Embassy Yacht, it is tough.

It needs for you to wreck in with heavy base kill, and I bave yet to get enough, quick enough.

Help...??? Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hard mode on the campaign, well the 'Brain World' and I think the blob ones were the most unsatisfying for me. It felt like you just had to play over and over and get lucky with the draws and what you could buy. I think buying high damage ASAP is what got me through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should you be able to pick up where you left off on one platform and continue on the other? e.g. PC and iOS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I beat both chapters, hard mode,,, man its a pain! Fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emcher wrote:
Should you be able to pick up where you left off on one platform and continue on the other? e.g. PC and iOS

Apparently not since the game doesn't work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have completed both campaigns on hard. It was fun, and most of the missions on hard took a reasonable number of tries (3-6). However, Mission 11 (Star Empire) took me ~100 tries. That starting Imperial Frigate is insanely disruptive, especially if they can get more Star Empire cards early on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one I remember real difficulty with was the afformentioned Brain World - Hard.

You need Base Killing options asap. And if they get Recycling Centers or the 2nd Brainworld, you pretty much are done.

I worked into a Blob/Trade Fed deck that was thinned out and used bases, Yacht, and cantrips to just play like 7+ cards a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rainstar wrote:
I have completed both campaigns on hard. It was fun, and most of the missions on hard took a reasonable number of tries (3-6). However, Mission 11 (Star Empire) took me ~100 tries. That starting Imperial Frigate is insanely disruptive, especially if they can get more Star Empire cards early on.
This one is just stupid to play against. There are way to many games where you are discarding 2 cards every hand and the AI is playing 6-7 cards over and over.

Its also difficult to get combos going and the AI is delivering 11-30 damage a turn. I rarely have a base not get destroyed every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent van Beelen
Netherlands
Wageningen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished both on hard. The 2nd campaign (hard) with the brainworld is the most difficult (imo).
Especially on hard mode: keep trying. (and watch your opponent!)
And don't forget the possibility of trashing a card! Sometimes those extra damage, money or removing cards from your opponent, is just what you need!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
Rainstar wrote:
This one is just stupid to play against. There are way to many games where you are discarding 2 cards every hand and the AI is playing 6-7 cards over and over.

Its also difficult to get combos going and the AI is delivering 11-30 damage a turn. I rarely have a base not get destroyed every round.
This is where I'm stuck at the moment. Actually got the Empire down to 1 Authority this time, then he pushed out an 8 card 32 damage turn.

Anyone have any strategy hints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.