Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh... no.

This shows what socks know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laughed arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it certainly plays in about an hour if you play alone as one investigator only. But then the reason it's so fast is probably because you lose from stacked odds unless you simply don't include certain Mythos cards.

As for your other point, well... AH isn't for everybody. Same with EH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this has been bugging me too.

I mean, I have zero problem with people liking EH over AH, of course. And when people actually address an OP's questions/criteria and then make a valid argument that EH is probably better for them, then that's perfectly fine.
But a lot of them don't. Most seem to come out of nowhere, and are just little posts that tell folks they should go for EH instead, without adding anything to the thread.

Seems almost like people are getting paid to hijack AH threads just for promotion of EH. Why else are you reading a forum about a game you claim you don't even like?

My favourite type: "I have only seen EH for 10 minutes at a convention 2 months ago while I was also talking to my friend. But it's great and has none of all those flaws that make AH suck so much."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Seems almost like people are getting paid to hijack AH threads just for promotion of EH. Why else are you reading a forum about a game you claim you don't even like?
Very unlikely IMO. As to the why else....: there's apologists, fanboys and haters in almost every forum on BGG, it's not specific to AH, I see regular "don't play game A, it's shite, play game B instead - it fixes every issue in game A" you just have to learn to ignore the trolls (whether they are "pro-" or "anti-" trolls) and respond constructively to the misguided and unaware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Teeka wrote:
Very unlikely IMO.
Yeah, sorry I didn't actually mean that literally. I'll just never get why people bother in the first place.

mccrispy wrote:
As to the why else....: there's apologists, fanboys and haters in almost every forum on BGG, it's not specific to AH, I see regular "don't play game A, it's shite, play game B instead - it fixes every issue in game A"
True. I visit the Agricola forum from time to time, and people there really like to go out of their way to tell the world it doesn't deserve to be ranked so high.
Often "after 2 plays where we quit halfway through" and citing a core mechanic they didn't like (or even bothered to learn) as a flaw. Then there's 40 "I agree"-posts and a bunch of thumbs to back it up too.

mccrispy wrote:
you just have to learn to ignore the trolls (whether they are "pro-" or "anti-" trolls) and respond constructively to the misguided and unaware.
Oh, I do. I've made the mistake of feeding trolls too much already.
But unfortunately I can't keep myself from getting annoyed by it...I know, welcome to the internet, but it does take away a little from my enjoyment of visiting the forum. Expecially since a lot of the rest is so enjoyable to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, the arguments made by the OP are exactly the reasons why I own AH, and now all of the expansions. For me, the immersive experiences in AH are unmatched. Why would you want to play a Cthulhuā€ˇ game for only an hour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.