Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4936

It's pretty cool that Cosmic Encounter gets its own weekend. Puts it on the same level as the Arkham games and the Westeros games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Zachary
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there! I hope others will consider flying in, especially since I have a bet going with Peter Olotka about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
See you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, and bringing the glatorp. Who's got the kinzosh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just like that ... I am in like Flynn.

Had to rearrange a few finances but I am going to surprise my 13 year old son with a trip from Tucson to Roseville. He's a huge CE fan and will really enjoy this event, maybe even as much as I do.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there and finally putting faces to all these names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying there from the Four Corners. Yee haw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yet another cool thing happening in the world I have no chance of getting too. Sometimes I think life without internet would be better, I would be happy not realising all the cool things I miss - ignorance would really be bliss.

Look forward to hearing how it goes though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:

Yet another cool thing happening in the world I have no chance of getting too. Sometimes I think life without internet would be better, I would be happy not realising all the cool things I miss - ignorance would really be bliss.

Look forward to hearing how it goes though.

There's also the possibility of running your own local version of it. If only we could get some swag for it.

On a more serious note I'm thinking about having a Cosmic Encounter day at my place using CosmicCon dates as an excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who can't make it to the physical event may want to check out the CosmicMETACon. I don't know the details yet, but I understand there may be some interaction with the physical con via Google Hangouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Raianiemi
msg tools
mb
I live in Minneapolis, so of course I'm going!

In fact, I will be there this very evening, for a regular Thursday night gaming group! Will there be "Cosmic"? I sure hope so, since I'm bringing my set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how the prices are at the FFG Center? Are they retail (I hope not)? Or do they give a good discount?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Raianiemi
msg tools
mb
They are retail.

For me, though, that's OK. I don't mind paying retail, if it goes to supporting such an awesome business!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note the Alien Design contest:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/196upbK7yJFAxJkck3Lomjeh4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could ask if they're open to Negotiation... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
↓ first, last name ↓
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
What was wrong with the original Demon? I always thought it was a perfectly fine power. And I think it's a very bad idea to use an old name for a completely different power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Warp wrote:

My Demon is in ......

By the time the 6th expansion comes out, either the original Demon could be reprinted as kind of a nostalgic exercise and the winner of the "Demon" contest could ultimately be renamed. Either way ... it's cool there will be another expansion to look forward to.

(And if my Demon doesn't make the cut ... maybe it'll be good enough to be drawn up as an alien in that 6th expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
What was wrong with the original Demon? I always thought it was a perfectly fine power. And I think it's a very bad idea to use an old name for a completely different power.

I also think the original Demon was an interesting power, and wouldn't mind seeing it in it's same/similar form, even if under a different name ... but it seems they wanted to get away from taking everything away from the offensive player. The offense never really has a chance, such as: you can avoid Demon if you give him an encounter card they accept, etc. etc. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, looking forward to seeing everyone there and finally putting faces to all these names ...

As far as I can tell, Jack is a hooded Warp, Bill is an all white rectangle *thing* with a "Bill" pin to identify him, Jefferson is some sort of dinosaur chef, Roberta doesn't have a picture but is quite fiesty, Shane has an alter-ego in Futurama, Phil is some sort ambigram, Raven is a bald guy looking off into the distance, Robin lives in Minneapolis but is a bit of a mystery, .... I'm sure there are others I am missing, but I'll be glad to finally meet all of you in person (if you're there, of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oatesatm wrote:
Jefferson is some sort of dinosaur chef...

It's a kobold! A kobold curry chef! You can't see the stains on the apron, but believe me, they're curry stains. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh guys, if you want to know what everybody really looks like it's not that hard. Just use Google Images:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Raianiemi
msg tools
mb
oatesatm wrote:
Robin lives in Minneapolis but is a bit of a mystery

Well, I haven't been on the message board for very long, but I'm a huge Cosmic Encounter fan, and have been since my boyfriend in college bought the game. Turned out I liked it far better than he did, and he just game me the game. (By the way, this was way back with the Eon version, and I'm in my mid-fifties, now.)

When I moved to Minneapolis, my Cosmic game (and all of the original expansions) vanished during the move. I bought the Mayfair version of the game, but there was no one I knew who was interested in playing, what with the interwebs not having been invented yet and all.

I played the on-line version, until it went away a few weeks ago. (Anyone know if it's coming back anytime soon? I played it routinely on my lunch break at work.)

I picked up a copy of the Fantasy Flight version of the game, and loved it. But still couldn't put together a regular group of players. And then I discovered the Fantasy Flight Games center in Roseville. And I've been playing there pretty regularly on Thursday nights. Makes me a very happy girl.

Anyway, there are other games I love, like Arkham Horror, Lifeboat, and I want to start playing either the Star Trek Attack Wing or Star Trek Catan in the near future, because I'm a huge Trek fan.

Hope that solves some of the mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooooooo - design contest confirming a new expansion. I thought this would be the last. Long(er) live Cosmic Encounter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill Martinson wrote:
Sheesh guys, if you want to know what everybody really looks like it's not that hard. Just use Google Images:

I want Futurama Legos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

[apparently just "+1" by itself is too short a message]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Zachary
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill Martinson wrote:

Nice! I am coming as the representative of my entire bird species.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.