Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This came up today and I think I ruled it correctly based on a literal interpretation of the rules.

The Labor Goal is currently exposed: "Earn 5 Labor on a single turn."
During my Work Cycle Phase I earned 2 coin and 4 Labor (I already have 5 coin to spend).
During my Resource Spending Phase I build the Union with my labor and coins. Then use it's effect: "You may spend 2 Coin to earn 1 Labor during the Resource Spending Phase."

I have earned a total of 5 labor during my turn so I claimed the Labor Goal. This is correct right?

Note the difference between the Labor Goal - just have to earn 5 labor - while the Coin Goals state you actually have to possess those 5/10 coins at turns end/anytime (respectively).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I would have called it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are also playing it the way you described. So, you've got at least 2 others on your side so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Filipović
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you say about this:

In the Work Cycle phase you earn 4 labour.
In the Resource Spending phase you use that labour to grind, making 2 money. Then you spend that money at the (pre-existing) Union, earning 1 more labour.
Should that count as having earned 5 labour?

It seems to me that's in the spirit of the rules, but I see how somebody might object that thematically "you're just reusing the same 4 labour" or something along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that it counts. Sure, you spent Labor to indirectly earn another Labor, but over the course of the turn you did earn 5 Labor. The goal your referencing doesn't say that you have 5 Labor to spend at a given time; it says that you earned 5 Labor in a single turn, which you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.