Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Breaking Schemes, Plots and Enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night I played a game and realised that Galactus's Master Strike can completely stop the 'Build an Underground Mega-Vault Prison' plot from working, and I opened a thread up here http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16381861#16381861 to talk about it.

One of the replies was
DerpTheBugbear wrote:
While it doesn't 'completely' break the plot, you can neuter "Mass Produce Warmachine Armor" plot (in solo mode at least) by simply bringing Ghost Rider to KO assault squads from your victory pile. They'll never make it back into the city that way.

So I was wondering, what other combinations have you found that can prevent either the Scheme/Plot, Mastermind, or other enemy effects from being important?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That other example that Derp provided isn't breaking the game at all. It's using the cards available to good effect.

Your Galactus example is quite a bit different from that one.

With all the variations of combining cards available to is now there are bound to be a few oddballs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Well, as I just said in the other thread (before noticing this one)

The same thing with the ghost rider can be done for organized crime wave. But I don't think that's really breaking the plot. It's actively going against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B.
msg tools
mb
I don't know if it counts as "breaking the scheme", but I played in a two player "Save Humanity" game. Both of us got the yellow common Nightcrawler & just teleported him every turn, so that the twist never hit anyone.

The ol' Fuzzy Elf was busy that day...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
troy setters
msg tools
GreyCrane wrote:
I don't know if it counts as "breaking the scheme", but I played in a two player "Save Humanity" game. Both of us got the yellow common Nightcrawler & just teleported him every turn, so that the twist never hit anyone.

I was going to suggest the same thing. We were actually doing it vs. Mr. Sinister so we each grabbed a red common too and teleported them over and over to stop Mr. Sinister's master strike as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
GreyCrane wrote:

Teleports also neuter Dr Doom's Masterstrike as they always count as a seventh card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Trainer Nick wrote:
One of the replies was
DerpTheBugbear wrote:
While it doesn't 'completely' break the plot, you can neuter "Mass Produce Warmachine Armor" plot (in solo mode at least) by simply bringing Ghost Rider to KO assault squads from your victory pile. They'll never make it back into the city that way.

So I was wondering, what other combinations have you found that can prevent either the Scheme/Plot, Mastermind, or other enemy effects from being important?

It just occurred to me that, logically, one could presumably use Ghost Rider to neuter Organized Crimewave too by KOing Maggia Goons from the game rather than leaving them in your victory pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.