Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Trains: Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Route Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be route cards for the Germany/Northeastern USA map pack?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I read some place yesterday that Rising Sun will include route cards for the original game, the new expansion maps for Germany, Eastern USA and the print-and-play GenCon map.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ellis
United States
Aloha
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Try a new game today :)
badge
Happy Gaming!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that the Route Cards for all the existing AEG maps were designed and should be found in the Rising Sun box when it releases this Fall :)
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rainydaysteve wrote:
I can confirm that the Route Cards for all the existing AEG maps were designed and should be found in the Rising Sun box when it releases this Fall :)


Awesome. Thank you so much.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to know more about how the route cards will work. Does only the first person to complete the route receive the bonus, or can everyone who completes the route receive it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugluck Ugluck
France
flag msg tools
Can someone list the route cards for the Osaka and Tokyo map?

I bought the game in its french version (that finally released) so I can play with my non-english friendly friends.
But when in Essen, I playtested Rising Sun and really enjoyed the route mechanics as it brings a lot of planning to the game.
Therefore, while waiting for the French edition of Rising Sun, is there a way for me to play the base game with the routes ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugluck88 wrote:
Can someone list the route cards for the Osaka and Tokyo map?

I bought the game in its french version (that finally released) so I can play with my non-english friendly friends.
But when in Essen, I playtested Rising Sun and really enjoyed the route mechanics as it brings a lot of planning to the game.
Therefore, while waiting for the French edition of Rising Sun, is there a way for me to play the base game with the routes ?
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an owner of Rising Sun that doesn't own Trains - perhaps s/he could be persuaded to send the cards to you?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugluck Ugluck
France
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
Ugluck88 wrote:
Can someone list the route cards for the Osaka and Tokyo map?

I bought the game in its french version (that finally released) so I can play with my non-english friendly friends.
But when in Essen, I playtested Rising Sun and really enjoyed the route mechanics as it brings a lot of planning to the game.
Therefore, while waiting for the French edition of Rising Sun, is there a way for me to play the base game with the routes ?
I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an owner of Rising Sun that doesn't own Trains - perhaps s/he could be persuaded to send the cards to you?

The thing is, I will buy Rising sun, but I will wait for the french edition (for my friends and to encourage the french production as well).
In the meantime, I can easily proxy the routes, two markers, a piece of paper with the points and the "power" of claiming said route and voilĂ  !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I would love to see more route bonus cards in the game, 5 per map doesn't seem enough to keep them unpredictable.
I would say if a smaller card-only expansion comes out with some action or train cards, that some extra route bonus cards would be great too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
m3henry wrote:
I would love to see more route bonus cards in the game, 5 per map doesn't seem enough to keep them unpredictable.
I would say if a smaller card-only expansion comes out with some action or train cards, that some extra route bonus cards would be great too.
Why do they need to be unpredictable? It seems to me that there's enough replayability in the game with the set of available cards and the game is about best using those cards to extract maximum VPs from the available strategies (Network vs. Buildings). This isn't Ticket to Ride
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.