Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Krassis Trelix + Mercenary Copilot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Doherty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I apologise if this has been covered before but I couldn't find an answer myself.

Basically, If Krassis has the Heavy Laser Canon can he use the mercenary Co pilot to switch one of the hits to a critical?

It came up at my local club this evening. I felt that the Co pilot could do this but others weren't sure.

The confusion came about as the HLC turns all critical results to standard hits.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've FAQ'ed this, basically, the Laser Cannon's effect happens immediately after rolling your dice, changing all crits to hits. Then, your opponent has the chance to modify any of your attack dice with any abilities they might have. Then you can modify your attack dice, which means you can use Mercenary Copilot on one remaining hit, provided there any and you attacked from Range 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even get crits from rerolling Heavy Laser Cannon dice with a Target Lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Doherty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheers guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P.S. Thread title should probably be "Heavy Laser Cannon + Mercenary Copliot." It really has nothing to do with Keassis. Although, Krassis can get a crit when he rerolls a die with the HLC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:

Quote:
After an attack is performed using Heavy Laser Cannon and all [critical hit] results are changed to [hit] results, the attack dice can be modified as normal. Any attack dice rerolled are not changed from [critical hit] results to [hit] results.

It doesn't explicitly mention merc co-pilot, but it does say you can modify dice as normal, which includes changing hits to crits. The example provided in the last sentence backs that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
You can even get crits from rerolling Heavy Laser Cannon dice with a Target Lock.

Searched it myself....awesome weapon - devastating with a TL !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.