Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Up to 3 sailors of any color may be on the work cycle"

I'm assuming that means 3 sailors total and not 3 sailors each, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Only three are allowed on the board and it can be a mix of both colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Doesn't that line just mean that each player may hire no more than three workers in his/her color? It seems straightforward to me but this question and response have me confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original game only had 3 sailor tokens total. It was changed to have colored sailor tokens so that you could use the Lender token on the Harbor to purchase a sailor and still move your sailor for the rest of the game. (Otherwise, the Lender was worthless in regards to purchasing sailors because you'd be purchasing them for the other player.) I agree that it's not worded very well, but the limit of 3 sailors total still exists. Once 3 have been purchased, no more sailors can be purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanilla Ice
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps they should have said "a maximum of three of the six sailor workers may enter the work cycle during the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhuggins123 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps they should have said "a maximum of three of the six sailor workers may enter the work cycle during the game."

True but I think the reason it is stated that way is the extra sailor tokens was added later. As far as I can recall the sailors were originally double sided and it was only three of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.