Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/531800988/game-on-the-w...

I'm sure everyone on this forum will be interested in this. It's appropriately listed under Movies -> Documentaries. I only found it because someone told me about it, because all I (usually)look at on KS is boardgames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The write up says they are in post-production, so obviously the film will not be based on the 2014 WBC. Is it based on 2013?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it's necessarily chronicling one WBC, but I do know that the film team came and did interview a few (maybe three) years back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ottey
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had asked a question via the KickStarter and got this as a response from Alex Dunbar.

Quote:
We filmed in 2010 and 2011 in Lancaster, Rochester NY, Syracuse NY and Greenville SC.

It runs about 70 minutes The film itself is complete but still working on final credit pages so it could be a few minutes longer once those are finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Rae
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why, oh why, isn't there a $1 pledge level?
I would happily support but the lowest pledge level of $20 is too much for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pledge any amount you want. You just don't get a free copy of the documentary if you pledge less than $20. Which makes sense, as if they gave one away to everyone who paid them a buck there wouldn't be much point to raising the money on kickstarter in the first place as it would all go to sending out DVDs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Rae
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, okay, thanks. I did not realize Kickstarter allowed pledges for amounts lower than rewards listed. Most campaigns I have seen had a specific $1 'thank you' level for people not interested in buying a copy of the item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$20 for a DVD documentary...? This feels like it could have been a successful pay what you want KS imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw $100 your way. Good luck .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.