Hide
10 Posts

Berserk: War of the Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Question about shots, throws and blasts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michele cioffi
msg tools
Hi everyone. I did not really understand if I can protect my creatures from shots, throws or blasts with another creature. Or if an enemy creature shots my alert creature, should I roll the defence die ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukáš Rinka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya .

No, you cannot declare protector (aka protect your creature with another creature) against shots, twrows and blast. Protector can be declared against basic strike ONLY. Protector has to be adjacent to both creatures - attacking and attacked. Adjacency can be diagonall.

Defence die can be rolled against basic strike ONLY. It´s similar as with protector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele cioffi
msg tools
Thank you very much to make that clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele cioffi
msg tools
I have other two questions... Adjacent creatures are the creatures at the left and right of the other one or also the creature in front and behind that one?? And how does the ability rank work ? It is really confusing :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordeurope wrote:
I have other two questions... Adjacent creatures are the creatures at the left and right of the other one or also the creature in front and behind that one?? And how does the ability rank work ? It is really confusing :S

Adjacent is defined as any touching square, whether it is left, right, in front, behind, or diagonal.

Being in Rank is defined as two creatures that both have a Rank ability being adjacent to each other (except diagonally).

Does that make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele cioffi
msg tools
So if I have dwarf warband and Elf Paladin in the same vertical line, Elf Paladin is not affected by the rank's effect of dwarf warband ?
Doesn't rank work if creatures do not have rank both ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordeurope wrote:
So if I have dwarf warband and Elf Paladin in the same vertical line, Elf Paladin is not affected by the rank's effect of dwarf warband ?
Doesn't rank work if creatures do not have rank both ?

No, you have to have two creatures with Rank adjacent to each other (except diagonally) for Rank to work, and their abilities only affect themselves, they do not give their Rank abilities to other creatures, even other creatures with Rank.

Hope that isn't confusing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele cioffi
msg tools
Actually it just gets more confusing.
I just went on kickstarter Berserk website and I found an article from the producers that says:

Quote:
Elf Paladin

This card has some pretty brutal numbers for its cost plus the Attack Skill, but a pretty hefty drawback as well. However, with the Dwarf Warband out, his drawback is removed, letting you attack with this guy every round without hindrance. Do not take him though, if you didn’t draw the Dwarf Warband, he just won’t be as good as other things you can add to this deck, if you don’t have the combo.

Here it is the page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194220798/berserk-war-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Hebron
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordeurope wrote:
Actually it just gets more confusing.
I just went on kickstarter Berserk website and I found an article from the producers that says:

Quote:
Elf Paladin

This card has some pretty brutal numbers for its cost plus the Attack Skill, but a pretty hefty drawback as well. However, with the Dwarf Warband out, his drawback is removed, letting you attack with this guy every round without hindrance. Do not take him though, if you didn’t draw the Dwarf Warband, he just won’t be as good as other things you can add to this deck, if you don’t have the combo.

Here it is the page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1194220798/berserk-war-...

The Dwarf Warband's ability to ready your entire army on your opponent's turn is not a Rank ability, so it works regardless of whether or not he is in Rank and it works on your entire army. His Rank ability is that he gains protection from Shots. If he is adjacent to one of your other creatures with Rank, he gain protection from shots, otherwise he does not.

Make more sense now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele cioffi
msg tools
Oh yes I got it now.
Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.