Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The store I bought my Hatsune Miku Trial Deck at did not have Hatsune Miku boosters. And I can't find them online except in an expensive 20 pack box (where I can find even that!).

Which raises two questions in my mind after having purchased that deck.

1. You want boosters and the main deck to match? The store clerk said it didn't matter, but admitted complete unfamiliarity with the game.

2. Are there any places online that reliably stock boosters for most current sets (assuming Hatsune Miku actually is a current set)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Garcia
United States
Touchet
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can mix and match sets, but in general cards from the same sets will be easier to combo together for effects. If I recall correctly the Miku set does a lot of stuff with trait characters so you may be able to get some use out of the Love Live English set if your local store has any.

2. The only place I know of online that does individual boosters is hammergirlanime.com. Alternatively, if you're ever in the Tri-City area in Washington, sunkentreasuresgames.com carries a lot of stuff in their store and have weekly Weiss nights every Wednesday. I'm actually heading there myself tonight to get some games in.

There's also a tournament coming up (on the 23rd, I think) and we usually get people from all over (including some guys from the Portland area) so it might be a good chance to meet some other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I have no way to get to Tri-Cities, but I did order three packs of boosters from Hammergirl.

The shipping is proportionately murderous, though I presume it gets better with larger orders. If I were to have ordered a bunch more boosters it would have been more tolerable.

And I see they are advertising a second set of Hatsune Miku. I wonder if THAT is compatible, or whether mixing those two decks would be troublesome.

But they're 24 playing cards in foil packs. Can't they just stick 'em in an envelope or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which reminds me that there are YouTube videos on deck-building. Even when I do get my boosters (which won't be in time for the Open Play event I was hoping to go to over the weekend -- but it's weekly so....) I'm not sure what I'll do with them.

I just hope whoever I end up doing Open Play with (Assuming anyone else shows up) won't be too merciless. Not that this strikes me asd an especially mericful game, as it seems to consist largely of madly attacking and hoping you can withstand everything your opponent throws at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My boosters were waiting for me when I got home. I didn't do that well with the Hatsune Miku Trial Deck. One loss was narrow, one not so much. I might have done better had I had better luck triggering --- I had an uncanny ability to have effective triggering cards not appear when I needed them.

Anyway, I now have 24 more cards in that set. Of these, only nine have trigger icons. There are some Level 2 cards that don't.

I was playing against two guys who had optimized their decks and tend to buy boosters in large batches (five or six at a go). I was not familiar with the subjects of their decks, but that's why I'm going to an anime con next month. (Actually, the anime con is why I bought a Weiss Scwharz deck, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here).

Fortunately they were two were players with about a month's experience -- a lot more than me but not so much more experienced that I didn't have a snowball's chance.

So now I've trying to figure out the rudiments of deck-building, using a subject that strikes me as one of the less powerful in the line as my basis. After all, I'm essentially asking computer-generated idols to sing their enemies to death....

In case anyone cares, here's my list of new cards.

Level 0: Kaito "Requiem", Kagamine Len "Append", "Continuing Dream" Meganine Luka, Hatsune Miku "Divine Goddess"

Level 1: 2x "Continuing Dream" Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Rin "School Swimwear", Megarine Luka "Racing Swimsuit", Kaito "Half Tights", Hatsune Miku "Lab Girl", Megurine Luka "Light & Casual", Hatsune Miku "Kitty Cape", Hatsune Miku "Icji-no-Sakura Blossom"

Level 2: Megurina Luke "San-no-Sakura Magic", "Full Power Mikku-Miku" Hatsune Miku, "Together with You" Hatsune Miku, Hatsune Mikue "Hello, Good Night", Kagamine Rin "Append", Kagamine Len "Starmine", Weekender Girl (Event), Ashes to Ashes (Event)

Climax: Senbonakura, Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight, Rin-chan Now!

I was surprised there were no Level 3s, but I guess these were meant to be rare and powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.