Android: Netrunner» Forums » News

Subject: Picked up Upstalk at lunch today rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
I remember when a new pack hitting stores used to set off a lot of excitement online. I guess those days are over, but just in case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Henderson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up mine as well! I had a private celebration. Close friends and relatives, only. :;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we know the contents of the pack weeks ahead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
fateswanderer wrote:

And playing with proxies. The actual release is a yawner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heyyouyeahyou 12
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
fateswanderer wrote:

And playing with proxies. The actual release is a yawner.

I was just bemoaning this fact to a friend last night... I miss the days of opening a pack and being surprised by the contents. It was the closest thing to opening a booster pack and having that "What am I going to find?!" feeling.

Sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Upstalk's a special case. We had full spoilers weeks ago. If Upstalk had come out around that time, there would still have been excitement, I think: confirmation that the spoilers were accurate, seeing the art for the first time, actually getting to play with the cards. In this case, CardGameDB has had even the art up online for a little bit now. The excitement and anticipation stretched on for too long, so that "Yay!" has given way to "Finally."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we knew Opening Moves ahead of time, but it was still super exciting because of Jackson Howard. Upstalk doesn't quite have the same caliber of goods, but it is pretty sweet nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe P
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't anyone sit back and enjoy that new card smell anymore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
y3ol wrote:
Doesn't anyone sit back and enjoy that new card smell anymore?

Mmm... VOCs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Larsen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be the only person who gets excited to see the extra piece of lore included in each data pack. I like seeing the various ways FFG designs them (i.e., an article, a chat session, a wanted poster, etc.) Good for me that nobody cares enough to spoil those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meet me on the moon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McCoy
msg tools
stevepop wrote:
I remember when a new pack hitting stores used to set off a lot of excitement online. I guess those days are over, but just in case...

I've been looking for new pack hype all over the internet. I think I spotted about 4 or 5 threads asking about Upstalks actual release date. I joined Netrunner right before H&P launched, and man, the hype was unreal online about that set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourged wrote:
stevepop wrote:

I've been looking for new pack hype all over the internet. I think I spotted about 4 or 5 threads asking about Upstalks actual release date. I joined Netrunner right before H&P launched, and man, the hype was unreal online about that set.

That set wasn't 100% spoiled weeks before it actually came out. Plus it was exciting as the the second big box set. Plus we weren't worn out waiting for it to actually hit stores (H&P was on time). Different fish.

Hopefully the rest of the packs this cycle will generate more excitement. We'll get some cards we haven't actually seen yet. And the next pack has Currents, which will be very intriguing to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Windrim
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also as an inveterate tagger the return of Bad Times ought to be a source of celebration. Your Opus, m'lord, or your breaker suite? Please pick one. Or, wait, hang on, Project Atlas, pick neither.

Plus I always just love packing the gorgeous useless cards into my binders to never see the light of day. I feel like a servitor in an Egyptian tomb city. "Now, oh mighty and revered Docklands Crackdown, say farewell to the hateful light of day."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.