Kaosball: The Fantasy Sport of Total Domination» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions guys rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone, i've just played one game and i have few questions to you.

Upgrade : can i have 2 same upgrade to combine them ? Example 2 hand off to grab the ball 2 space away from my players ?

Ringers : They share the same team abilities (handling, fighting, tackling and team special power like stomp etc) ? I kill a ringer does it count on my scoring point like a bruiser or runner ?

Second period (not half time) :
We're okay to say we have to remove all token and place all players, KO and keep injures on player until the half time. I have to replace them at the scrimmage right (so like the begin of the game) ? Saw some videos where they kept the ancient position.

If i have ringer KO on the same space of another opponent figure, my ringer is bunched ? Can he goes back at the beginning of the next period ? I know both are bunched is they're KO at the end.

Stomp abilities : Can i use Stomp after playing the Wall tactic ?

Ninja abilities : it says that i auto win if i have the same number even if it's my dead card. So if we play both 5, my dead card, i'll inflict 5 damages to my opponent ?

Thx for the help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thx Corey !!!

I didn't know for the KO figures. So my opponent can take my ko's figure square just to send her on my bench during the second period in order to substract this figure to my reserve pool ? But if his figure is full health and not KO, she goes out too ? And if i can't replace 2 Bruiser/ 3runners at the beginning i'm eliminate.

If this case set (ko to bench) during the end of the second period all my bench became available at the beginning or the third period or not ?

When you said "All other player will remain in their current locations" you mean the starting position (scrimmage at the beginning) or the final position on the board (endzone, score points etc...)

Can i set 2 or more flames on one square ?? With a ball ? If yes, when i lose a tackling, my opponent have the opportunity to send me to the flames where i take 1 injurie for each flame tokens in that space ?

Thx again !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:

Mussino wrote:

If this case set (ko to bench) during the end of the second period all my bench became available at the beginning or the third period or not ?

Any figures that were sent to the bench during the 2nd period will not be available again until the beginning of the 4th period.

Wrong, any benched player can be substituted in at any period IF your team does not have 5 players. There is no penalty for having a player benched. See page 18 for the order of "Set Up for Next Period".

Step 1 - Clean the Field*
Step 2 - Replenish Cards
Step 3 - Substitutions**
Step 4 - Get Set for Next Period

* Is where figures stand up and could be benched because of sharing a space.

** Is when any figure that is benched can be brought out as long as you keep the 3 / 2 ratio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you soo much for you two. I was wrong when i replace all of my team member at the scrimmage at the end of the 1 and 3 period.

I have to keep position and all new members (replace deads) will set on the scrimmage right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mussino wrote:
At the end of the 1 and 3 period I have to keep position and all new members (replace deads) will set on the scrimmage right ?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks a lot !!!

Concerning the lycan, can i transforme all my runners to Bruisers during one period ?

I know the runner > bruiser keep injuries, but if i die into a bruiser, this impact my bruiser pool yes ? Even if it's a transforme.

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Just to be sure concerning the boomtown cowboy's weapon, attack at range 2. The attack it's the same as a normal attack (play contest and take 1 injurie if you lose)

Geetings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mussino wrote:
Concerning the lycan, can i transform all my runners to Bruisers during one period ?

As long as you have activation to do so.

Mussino wrote:

I know the runner > bruiser keep injuries, but if i die into a bruiser, this impact my bruiser pool yes ? Even if it's a transform.

Not sure of the question, but if you do not have the figures off the board you can not transform. For example if you lost 4 bruisers in earlier periods you would only be able to have the remaining 2 on the field, because the others are trophies of the other player now.

Mussino wrote:
Just to be sure concerning the boomtown cowboy's weapon, attack at range 2. The attack it's the same as a normal attack (play contest and take 1 injurie if you lose)

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thx Matt u'r awesome !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Just to say, played Lycan and i found very strange to change a ringer into a bruiser lycan just to increase his Health (ex: the butcher, Spectre or more biru...).

i shall have preferred to not have this option on our Ringer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your ringer does not get the ability to transform just your regular players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Others works ?

Like Vampirism, Stomp, Gobelin etc ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, team abilities generally apply to the Ringer as well. The Lycans are an exception, since their ability only affects the specific "human or werewolf" players, not ringers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thx for all. If i have another questions know where i'll ask

By the way this game is very awesome !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Gardner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:
There are no circumstances where more than 1 flame will occupy a square so you will never take more than 1 injury in this event.

I'm not sure about this. The rules for fire tokens say "for each fire token" the entering figure takes 1 damage. That seems to say to indicate that there can be more than one. Yes the "Rain of fire" on its own says you have to place them in two different spaces, but there are two Rain of Fire cards. If there is a fire token already in an unoccupied square when you play your own Rain of Fire, I would think that you could place one of your two tokens in that already flamed up square, but not both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thats what i understood too.

Just a little question, yesterday my friend played another stim pack (for double his amazone attacking with a dead card to have +4) and i said he cannot play the second, but i think i was wrong cause a dead card is only for power card yes ?

Greetings !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Hy folks !!

Played yesterday and few questions during my game. Played the Ogres and little conflict in my head bout their skills stomp. Can I use it on every adjacent enemy to my figure including diagonals ? But just one square behind, not like tackle right ?

Next, my friend miss his tackle and i choose to push him into a fire space. There was 2 others space with one figure and nothing on the other. So, i was able to push him to the figure to KO right ? I choose the space were my opponent will go ?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mussino wrote:
Can I use it on every adjacent enemy to my figure including diagonals ?

Not Diagonals.

Mussino wrote:

But just one square behind, not like tackle right ?

One square away from the Ogre.

Mussino wrote:

Next, my friend miss his tackle and i choose to push him into a fire space. There was 2 others space with one figure and nothing on the other. So, i was able to push him to the figure to KO right ?

No. The figure would have been knocked down. With a failed tackle if you choose to push him you would have to knock him down as one of the adjacent squares is blocked.

Mussino wrote:

I choose the space were my opponent will go ?

Yes, unless the above statement of having an adjacent square being blocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thx man !!

So like i thought, i was able, after a fail tackle, to KO him next to a blocked square

Can i use scatter tactic with deamons to scorched at in the end of my turn 1 enemy with 3 wound ?

For the stomp i can use only like this :
X:enemy and G: Ogre

ooooo
ooxoo
oxGxo
ooooo

To :

ooxoo
ooooo
xoGox
ooooo

Correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mussino wrote:
Thx man !!

So like i thought, i was able, after a fail tackle, to KO him next to a blocked square

Can i use scatter tactic with deamons to scorched at in the end of my turn 1 enemy with 3 wound ?

For the stomp i can use only like this :
X:enemy and G: Ogre

ooooo
ooxoo
oxGxo
ooooo

To :

ooxoo
ooooo
xoGox
ooooo

Correct ?

Yup thats right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coraaay wrote:

Mussino wrote:
Ninja abilities : it says that i auto win if i have the same number even if it's my dead card. So if we play both 5, my dead card, i'll inflict 5 damages to my opponent ?

No, damage would still be determined by the difference between the energy cards that you both played. In this example you would win the contest doing 0 damage.

I am confused here. As far as I understand according to the Kaosball FAQ, if Ninja play a dead card when initiating a fighting which have the same value as the other player, they will achieve an auto-win and auto-win will deal 3 damage to the other player's figure.

See http://www.kaosball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/kaosball_..., page 4
Q: If the Ninjas initiate a Fighting contest and win
by playing the same card as their opponent, do
they deal any damage?
A: Yes. If an effect allows you to automatically win a
contest, you always win by 3.

So I don't think the damage is zero unless I misread the about explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Auto win by "3" means ? The total ? Or ad to the 3, the skills (handling etc) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just 3 as the total, no adding in the skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcs1213 wrote:
Just 3 as the total, no adding in the skill.

Yeah, this means the opponent figure will receive 3 damage as a result of Ninja playing the energy card with the same value as the opponent even if it is a dead card during a fighting contest initiated by the Ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thx !!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.