GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Ginkgopolis: The Experts» Forums » Rules

Subject: Parks, 3 questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb

3 Questions...

1) In the Above picture, if Pink urbanizes B with an 11 Yellow, would they get (a) 1 Tile + 6 VP + Urbanize bonuses or (b) 1 Tile + 6 VP + 6 VP + Urbanize bonus. If the 3 surrounding tiles of B were buildings, it would give 3 bonuses + the urbanize, I wasn't sure if the Park would be counted once or twice. I'm thinking it would be once, but other players thought twice.

2) If there is a single Green Space and someone Urbanizes another Green Space next to it, do they (a) get 4 VP, for the two tiles now composing the park, or (b) do you just count the adjacent parks, excluding the placed tile (2 VP)?

3) In the above picture, when End of Game scoring happens, there is one district to be scored. Since only green is on the distract, only green resources from the park would contribute and thus allow green to score score 6 points (1st and 2nd place). Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Well, first off, they can't urbanize with the 11 yellow because the 11 yellow is already on the board! But let's assume they use the 12 yellow. The answer is A. The rules state that one or more adjacent pieces is a park. You urbanized next to *the park*. Think of it like the park itself is just one space.

2) The answer is B. You never get the exploitation bonus from the tile you just place, so I assume the same would be true for green space tiles. You build next to a two-tile park, you exploit that park, and then afterwards the park is considered to be bigger.

3) Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If we had pink in 11, would 5 count to the this district? (or: can a park connect tiles of the same color to create a big district?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWM
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Parks do not "connect" districts. Where in the rulebook do you think this is implied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.