Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players A, B, C, and D are sitting in that order with the following known identities: A=sheriff, B=deputy, C=outlaw, D=outlaw.
Deputy B ends his rolls with 5 1's. Outlaw C had 4 bullets going into B's turn.
Clearly, 4 of the 1's will be used to kill C, but what about the 5th 1?
Does the killing of C bring D into range for a 1?
If not, can B pump an extra bullet into C in order to not shoot the sheriff?

"I wanted to be sure that varmint was dead" makes sense to me if the body is still there and keeping D at a distance of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All shots of 1 and 2 are resolved simultaneously. You have to assign all dice first, and the resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
All shots of 1 and 2 are resolved simultaneously. You have to assign all dice first, and the resolve.

That's what I thought. But what about assigning extra shots to a target, beyond what is needed to kill that character?
I understand that all shots must gbe taken and you can't shoot into the air (intentionally miss) in order to avoid hitting the only targets at the rolled range, but what about making sure a target is dead by giving them an extra dose of lead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no such thing as "assign" and "resolve". You immediately resolve your dice.
Quote:
When counting places, do not include eliminated players.

I would say that this rule is pharased like that, because when one player loses last life point, he is immediately eliminated and can't be a target for next die.

It looks similarly to base Bang! where some effects were in the same time, but even though we have to apply them one after another in real life.

So I say that you can't shoot more than 4 times to Outlaw from your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dV Giochi
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,
here is the official answer:

Yes you can overkill!
Rules do not state that you cannot.
Remember that damages are inflicted at the same time, so no matter how many life points you have; if you suffer damages and go to zero life points you are eliminated from the game at the same time the other players suffer damages.
This means that you cannot assign dice to players out of range, just because some players are going to die after the shots.
Currently they are still alive!

I will also provide you an easy scenario that should help to understand:
I rolled 5 dice showing a "target-1". My neighbours have just 1 life left (so I must overkill one or both my neighbours; I see no other ways to apply the effect of my 5 dice, according to the rules.)

Hope this will help
Have fun!

Martino Chiacchiera
Junior Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.