Popular Tags: [View All]
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that when playing with 5 players you simply follow all base game rules. Does this mean that you still only play with 5 Spike magazine cards? We tend to give each player (in a 4 player game) 1 turn with the coin and then randomly assign it for the Blood Bowl itself - this wouldn't lend itself well to 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
mbmbmbmbmb
richpizor wrote:
The rules say that when playing with 5 players you simply follow all base game rules. Does this mean that you still only play with 5 Spike magazine cards? We tend to give each player (in a 4 player game) 1 turn with the coin and then randomly assign it for the Blood Bowl itself - this wouldn't lend itself well to 5 players.

I don't see why the number of Spike Magazine cards (rounds) would change. You use 5 cards for 2, 3, and 4 players, so why not 5?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely play with the 'rulebook' number of rounds. I base it on whether I'm teaching new people (not too many rounds), short game (typically 2 or three rounds) or if we want to do a longer game (more rounds). I've done everything from 2 to 9.

The ability to shift that easily is one of the things I like to take advantage of in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpret that as referring to the number of Highlights you roll out each round: one per player. So in a five-player game you would have five Highlights, with the potential for an additional tournament from the Spike! Magazine pile.

The Spike! Magazine cards are merely a time-tracker for the duration of the game; though the standard setup is five (two headlines, two tournaments and the Blood Bowl), it can be increased or decreased as described in the Variant rules for longer or shorter seasons.

As for turns with the Head Manager's coin, I'd think it would lend itself perfectly to five players, as everyone would have it once. Despite granting the advantage of deciding ties, it's a definite disadvantage to have to play before everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.