Subject: Track space (dot) activation timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, all of the track "spaces" (dots) activate only if a car BEGINS it's movement from that space, EXCEPT for the LB spaces which activate if a can ENDS its movement on the space. Is this correct?

Also, as far as I can tell, cars choose the space they want to occupy as they END their movement on the space. Once, chosen, it's effect can be resolved on their next movement, regardless of challenges for turn order that may occur within their section. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm understanding your question right, yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
As far as I can tell, all of the track "spaces" (dots) activate only if a car BEGINS it's movement from that space, EXCEPT for the LB spaces which activate if a can ENDS its movement on the space. Is this correct?

Yes, and additionally, in the case of LB spaces, they only "activate" if there are other cars in the section/space.

Quote:
Also, as far as I can tell, cars choose the space they want to occupy as they END their movement on the space. Once, chosen, it's effect can be resolved on their next movement, regardless of challenges for turn order that may occur within their section. Is this correct?

Sort of, for the numbered trajectories, you get those next turn if you meet the conditions (card type, etc). Late Braking spaces are resolved at the end of the turn you arrived there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can perform a late brake without other cars in that section.

-You must end your turn in LB section
- Then you may do a LB, if success, you gain one more movement and move to next section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
You can perform a late brake without other cars in that section.

-You must end your turn in LB section
- Then you may do a LB, if success, you gain one more movement and move to next section.

Right, got it thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A follow up question of sorts -

Are the dots positional from an Overtaking/lapping perspective? The fact that sections with multiple dots have a definite order of distance from the section edges confuses me.

For example, in the late brake section just before turn 7, Parabollica. If the first player to enter landed on the +1 green dot, then does the next player/robot to enter need to perform an Overtake in order to land on the +2 orange dot since the orange dot is "ahead" of the green and LB dots?

If true, then it makes positional placement easy to reconcile at the beginning of turns. If not then the dots should have been lined up equally along the section edges as this has been the most confusing element so far.

Edits due to piss poor iPad keyboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
A follow up question of sorts -

Are the dots positional from an Overtaking/lapping perspective? The fact that sections with multiple dots have a definite order of distance from the section edges confuses me.

For example, in the late brake section just before turn 7, Parabollica. If the first player to enter landed on the +1 green dot, then does the next player/robot to enter need to perform an Overtake in order to land on the +2 orange dot since the orange dot is "ahead" of the green and LB dots?

If true, then it makes positional placement easy to reconcile at the beginning of turns. If not then the dots should have been lined up equally along the section edges as this has been the most confusing element so far.

Edits due to piss poor iPad keyboard.

No, the dots don't influence position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kewl thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.