Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have the Cloaking Geniuses advantage and cloaked scouts with point defense, do they get an additional +1 to attack in the first round when firing on fighters?

It would seem that the answer is yes, but that makes the advantage even more powerful than it already is, so I figured I'd see what others think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
If I have the Cloaking Geniuses advantage and cloaked scouts with point defense, do they get an additional +1 to attack in the first round when firing on fighters?

It would seem that the answer is yes, but that makes the advantage even more powerful than it already is, so I figured I'd see what others think.

I agree with your interpretation. SCs would be +1 from Cloak and +1 additional versus FTRs due to the PD...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

I agree with your interpretation. SCs would be +1 from Cloak and +1 additional versus FTRs due to the PD...

Actually I should clarify the PD doesn't strictly give you a bonus, or even a +1 bonus actually, your ship has an increased base attack based on the PD level versus fighters. But yes, it's both things. The cloaking would only be a bonus during the first round, just like with Raiders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And don't forget if your SC has AS+1 you would also add that to it's attack vs FTRs. So an SC with PD1, AS1, cloaked would be attacking at A9 for the first round and A8 thereafter. It can get even crazier when you add in XP bonus and / or Fleet bonus. PD is nasty....whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndraftU wrote:
And don't forget if your SC has AS+1 you would also add that to it's attack vs FTRs. So an SC with PD1, AS1, cloaked would be attacking at A9 for the first round and A8 thereafter. It can get even crazier when you add in XP bonus and / or Fleet bonus. PD is nasty....whistle
hat was exactly the situation I encountered it in (luckily as the one with Cloaking Geniuses)
I only get A8 for the first round though: 6 from PD1, 1 from attack tech, and 1 from cloaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
[q="UndraftU"]I only get A8 for the first round though: 6 from PD1, 1 from attack tech, and 1 from cloaking.

Oh you're right, A8 first round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.