Pyramix» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens if you reveal a cobra? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelli Shaver
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We ran into a situation the other night where we removed a cube only to discover that it had been adjacent to a cobra beneath it, which was hidden until we removed the adjacent cube.

So the cobra was in the middle of the pyramid, buried by other cubes until we removed one next to it, alerting us to its presence.

Am I correct in thinking that this is the only situation in which you can remove a block that shares a flat side with the cobra, or should we have put it back once the snake was revealed?

I think we were right to keep the piece out since we didn't know the cobra was there until we had removed one of the pieces covering it, but the rules don't specify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you did the right thing. I believe the cobra only blocks you if you can see it before you draw the piece off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roediger
Australia
Nowra
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Harl wrote:
I'm pretty sure you did the right thing. I believe the cobra only blocks you if you can see it before you draw the piece off.

That's the way I play too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon Squire
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules also state that you can't replace a cube once taken from the pyramid - so it definitely makes the most sense the way we have all been playing it. Such a great little game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.