Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to print some custom wargame counter sheets here in China, but I'm not sure how to explain this item to potential suppliers short of just sending them a sheet. Can someone clue me in to how local gamers refer to these items?

我想印刷有些定做的“wargame counter sheets”但是我跟候选供应商沟通的时候不知道怎么表演这个东西。中国老百姓用中文叫counter sheet什么?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'd just send them the sheet. Always send them samples to copy from. Less chance of mistake when they can hold it in their hands. Kuaidi is cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shad wrote:
I want to print some custom wargame counter sheets here in China, but I'm not sure how to explain this item to potential suppliers short of just sending them a sheet. Can someone clue me in to how local gamers refer to these items?

我想印刷有些定做的“wargame counter sheets”但是我跟候选供应商沟通的时候不知道怎么表演这个东西。中国老百姓用中文叫counter sheet什么?

I don't play wargames so I don't know exactly what counter sheets are. To my best knowledge, "counters" in wargames are called "算子".

If you don't feel like sending a physical sample, several photos from different angles might work as well, i guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are countersheets:

They're cardboard, approximately 2mm thick, which has been pre-punched with a die cutter. When you buy the game you pop out all the pieces and start playing.

EDIT - sending a sheet is a good idea, but I don't have many unpunched sheets laying around (I play my games! ) and I want to make sure there's a general chance a print shop can do this sort of stuff before sending the sheet, otherwise I'm just randomly mailing everyone. That seems terribly inefficient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I guess they may call it "算子板". However if the vendor don't know much of wargames they won't know what this word means either.

Sending them those photos, plus some macro photography, would work better. In the next step you may send after-punch leftovers (I hope you keep them) as physical samples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiroshi Tamura
Japan
Setagaya
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Taiwanese "戰棋 (Board Wargame)" magazine and Chinese "纸上谈兵 (Battle on the Table)" magazine, counters are called "棋子" and counter sheets are called "棋板".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.