Justin Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
A) During the vote phase, if Booker is off the board (dead), does he still vote?

B) If a player ONLY has 1 common unit in a combat, and the other player plays "possession", how does that actually play out? Does there even need to be a roll, or does the second player just automatically win? Or can the first player play cards, and the second still has to roll to beat that number?

C) The world event card "Change of Scenery" reads:

The player who plays the most influence into this event may choose any location on the board and switch all the units, structures, and tokens on that location with all the units, structures, and tokens on any other location on the board.

For this card, does Bookers' vote count for ANYTHING?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteamandLight wrote:
A) During the vote phase, if Booker is off the board (dead), does he still vote?

B) If a player ONLY has 1 common unit in a combat, and the other player plays "possession", how does that actually play out? Does there even need to be a roll, or does the second player just automatically win? Or can the first player play cards, and the second still has to roll to beat that number?

C) The world event card "Change of Scenery" reads:

The player who plays the most influence into this event may choose any location on the board and switch all the units, structures, and tokens on that location with all the units, structures, and tokens on any other location on the board.

For this card, does Bookers' vote count for ANYTHING?

A) Yes. His vote is anarchy and his effect on public opinion. Doesn't matter if you can't see him.

B) Both players can play cards and there is a roll, but otherwise yeah, that person is pretty much going to win.

C) To me it looks like no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Williams
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
thanks! we paused our game overnight to wait for answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Green
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A & B are covered, but I disagree about C.

Each player still 'votes' for whether or not the event happens, in this case whether or not the player that pays the most influence gets to move some things. Either player may be voting that that does not happen, ie negative votes. Booker votes with the player that is behind in victory points, (but does not count as influence). If you are losing and think your opponent will want that swap effect, you could vote negative and hope that Booker will swing the vote your way.

Example: Player V is behind and knows that if Player F can trade unit locations they will gain another victory point, so rather than risk having fewer influence, V can vote against and hope that Booker will make up any difference and prevent any location trades.

Even more extreme examples can happen in a four player game. A player could play 8 points against, the other three players and Booker could have a combined total of 10 in favor, passing the event, but the player that was against it still gets to swap units around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.