Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I have made a PnP (print and play) version of all the dice, except a few I'm working on later tonight from Doom Cubes.
Does anyone know if I could post it? The game seems long dead, but wanted to check if it would be okay. I'm also looking for a pdf, scanned rulebook that I could then retype up and post with the PnP files.
Thanks for any info or help.
Chris

*Update:

I finally got a reply, and they would like to not have it put up for free.
I'll go take down the files now.
However
If there is sufficient interest in the game, they might be willing to do a dice "print" on demand. I gave them some ideas for updating the game for the current game market, maybe fixing the rulebook up etc..

Here is an image of the components in a box I made for my PnP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Without permission? It is generally frowned upon. But some will not care or will applaud such action.

Now if you wanted to do a PNP retheme. No one is likely to argue that. (Except Steve Jackson Games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
(Except Steve Jackson Games.)

Why would SJGames care? Did I miss some recent news about Dicemaster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fogus wrote:
Omega2064 wrote:
(Except Steve Jackson Games.)

Why would SJGames care? Did I miss some recent news about Dicemaster?

If they aren't selling them anymore; it's harder to make an argument that any harm is being done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies,

That's why I wanted to ask on here... not sure if it would be appropriate or not, even though it hasn't been printed in ages.
I suppose I could ask I.C.E. if they would mind.. is that who I should ask?

Figured it seems like an interesting game that would be good for people to be able to try out without spending an arm and a leg trying to find all the dice (because you know you have to have them all..)
Some interesting ideas for an all dice game. (haven't played it, but seems interesting from what I have seen)

Looks to be last printed in 1996... quite a while back now.

That being said I will buy all the sets anyhow, but it will be awhile before they get here (*ordered) and wanted to see the rulebook to make a real pdf version of the rules, retyped, and maybe also update the game rules a little, make it a proper solo game as well (that would be my main goal.)

If it is okay to upload the PnP version, the die face files are all ready for Cities of Doom and Wilds of Doom, as well as Doom Cubes commons and uncommons. Rares and Ultra-rares tonight.
I'm also trying to clean up the images a little and make them nicer.

They would be printed for 16mm dice, or simply adjust the size in adobe acrobat when printing for other size dice.
The D8, D10 and D12 dice faces are also there. Chessex sells blank dice for all of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've e-mailed Iron Crown Entertainment to ask permission to post my PnP for all to enjoy. I'll let you know if and when I get an answer.

Should I also e-mail the designer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted my rune tiles in the files section. Still waiting for an answer to post all of the PnP files...

While I'm waiting... anyone have any ideas for Solo variants of the game?
While I haven't actually gotten to play, I have the rules now.
I was thinking something simple like having a dummy player that rolls action dice and the bad results applied to your turn. The goal of the game being the same, but if you take all your damage you lose.

If you have some ideas already please do post them.

*Update:

I uploaded a playmat made for the PnP version 16mm dice. If you want to use the original dice it might need to be printed a bit larger.

I also uploaded a reference sheet for the advanced die faces. I need to fix a slight mistake on it.

No response from ICE, I'll give it some more time and if nothing I'll take that as they don't care..
In the meantime I'm fixing up a few things with the PnP die faces.
I've printed and made most of the dice for the game (including all the various Doom Cubes dice... there are a lot..)
I'll post a photo on here later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a few photos of my PnP set out before a game.

and a bit closer shot of one player's side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Just. Wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, the playmats (except the sideboards) and rune tiles are already in the files section. I'll probably upload all of the dice pdf files soonish.
It is quite a bit of work to cut out hundreds of little die faces and put them on the dice.
Chessex makes blank D8, D10, D12s and blank D6s are easier to find (at least in Japan)
A kind BGGer sent me scans of all the rulebook pages and I cropped, rotated, cleaned a bit and made 1 pdf file out of it. I'll ask to see if he minds if I upload it on here.

I still have about 50 dice to make, but ran out of blank dice so have to order some more. I even added 2 special rune dice, which are in the rulebook, but were never produced.
I read there were also special expertise dice to be made... not sure what they would have looked like though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hey Chris, Great work you have done here.

Happy to see that this post is very recent and not years old.
My family has this game but recently been wanting to get more into dice building game after Quarriors and the Lord of the Rings ones came out.
Was trying to find a copy of my own of this but can't find it any where.
Google even has a hard time finding it, especially with the Marvel Dice Masters that released (and have also vanished just as fast).

I do hope you get permission to post it, but from how they don't even list it on their site and given how old it is, I feel like you wouldn't have any issues.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.