Subject: Weather and Tire Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Glencross
Australia
Geelong
VIC
flag msg tools
I believe I understand the rules for Tires and Weather except for a couple of things.

With Soft tires in the rain, is there any extra penalty for overshooting a corner?
For example, if it isn't raining the penalty is doubled (tripled on the third lap if you haven't pitted)
However the rules for when it is raining only mention tripling the penalty on the third lap if you haven't pitted.

My other question has to do with changing weather.
When do you apply the change of weather?
If it changes from dry to wet (or vice versa), does it happen
1. Immediately, applying to the current players turn
2. After the current players move
3. After the current round (when the first player gets to move again)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soft tires in the rain have the same penalty as when not raining (so double tires, triple if it's your third lap without pitting). Also, you lose the optional +1 when it's raining.

There are so many house rules and different versions of official rules for this game now that I have trouble remembering what the original rules say for weather change. Are you playing with the version where you change it whenever someone rolls 20/30 in 5th/6th? In that case, #2, finish the move and then roll for the weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Glencross
Australia
Geelong
VIC
flag msg tools
Thanks, I'm using the rules as written in the Formula D Advanced book that came with the game. I should see if there is an online version that is updated, but I'm not really interested in using the Formule De Master rules unless there is something that isn't explicitly said in the Formula D rules.

That's what I thought it was supposed to be for the Soft Tires. But it doesn't say it in the rules I have and thought this might be a printing error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weather and tire rules are a pain in both F. Dé and F.D, in particular because they constantly confuse "weather" and "track conditions" (when you write "weather" you also mean "track condition", I believe- dry or wet, whereas weather can be sunny, rain, or changeable) and because they are written from an impractical point of view, so the in-race effect is hard to see at a glance.

I wrote my own, but they are very similar to the original ones; a corresponding player aid (track/weather reference card) is part of my PDF package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RicharDISNEY
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lutz! Those are awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Pesic
Serbia
Belgrade
SERBIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent Lutz, just excellent!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.