Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
A possible solution would be to abandon rotating turn order. Instead players play in the value of their dice roll order, with the lowest total being first to choose the position he wishes to play, and so on up the ranking. Ties could be broken by value of individual dice with the lower value of one's highest die taking precedence, and so on down the dice until the tie is broken. But if still tied the previous relative turn order breaks the tie.

(But in my opinion the problem of cash not featuring in the final scoring other than as a tie breaker is a more serious one when it comes to turn order in the final turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carver wrote:
A possible solution would be to abandon rotating turn order. Instead players play in the value of their dice roll order, with the lowest total being first to choose the position he wishes to play, and so on up the ranking. Ties could be broken by value of individual dice with the lower value of one's highest die taking precedence, and so on down the dice until the tie is broken. But if still tied the previous relative turn order breaks the tie.

(But in my opinion the problem of cash not featuring in the final scoring other than as a tie breaker is a more serious one when it comes to turn order in the final turn.)

One of the final scoring cards award points for the amount of money players have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carver wrote:

I like this idea, however players that have less dice will be at an advantage for turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:
I like this idea, however players that have less dice will be at an advantage for turn order.

People with the least dice can still win games, if they play smart.

To the OP:

The turn order was designed so that each player can be first player once, after all level 3 activity cards have been revealed. This makes sense because level 3 cards are typically VP generators. If you went last every time after these cards have been revealed, people may constantly buy your dice and you'll be unable to make use of the cards. It's more fair to rotate turn order IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carver
United Kingdom
Cobham
Surrey, UK
flag msg tools
designer
Quote:
One of the final scoring cards award points for the amount of money players have.

That is very interesting Bruno. I have not spotted that. Maybe it wasn't in my original edition. I'll certainly check on this.

PS. I now realise you are referring to a character card. Of course, there is only a 20% chance the final player has this; wonderful if he has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 character cards. So if you play a 2-p game, you have 4 chances out of 6 (66%) to have a scoring for money (each player has 2 character cards and EVERY player scores ALL the character cards in play).

In a 3-p game, you have 50% of having a money scoring and again 66% in a 4-p game.

So it's really risky not to consider money as part of your strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carver wrote:
Quote:

I have not spotted that. Maybe it wasn't in my original edition.

The character is Thibaut II:
Quote:
This count was the chief instigator of the grand fairs of Champagne. He rewards accumulation of money.
. 1 VP if you have from 6 to 11 deniers
. 3 VPs if you have from 12 to 17
. 6 VPs if you have 18 or more

I believe that he was one of the original 6 characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
The turn order was designed so that each player can be first player once, after all level 3 activity cards have been revealed.

I just realized why the 4P game was longer than the 2P. Makes lots of sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.