7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Your Top X Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love analysing games. I really love it, almost as much as I like playing them (only 11.7%/13% less ;). I watch lots of reviews, whilst ranking and re-ranking my games. Yes, this may sound boring to some, but I really like it.

Anyway, my problem is, I've only played about 127 games, making the idea of a top 100 completely superfluous, and a top 10 somewhat naive. And I was wondering, what ratio is best at which one can have a "good" top 10 list. 100 games? 1000 games? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a list of your top ten and the top 100 you want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it would be including games of at least a certain rating by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need 10 different games played for a top-10 list.

However, it would not probably be very interesting list, unless you're very good at researching games. And even then it is your top-10, and no two people are the same in their taste in games, and their game group further mixes it up.

So, what makes the list interesting is not the games themselves, but why they are on your list, and why some other game is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
run gms
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Top100 games for free will be nice to see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
Tacos, Tacos, Yum, Yum, Yum. Tacos, Tacos, something that rhymes with dumb.
badge
SHH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I say go with the top 100. It will be fun to see how it evolves as you add more games to your experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say just Top 10 Games (or 100) would be too general. I would think of it in more specific terms since you probably have game types you might be more partial too, have played more of and can better weight them to what else is out there in terms of enjoyment rather then just all games that exist.

For example I have played a lot of dungeon crawlers, probably most of them currently on the market, in my day and could probably build myself a good Top 10 Dungeon Crawler games list pretty easily. On the other hand I know very little about euros or worker placement games and a lot of other types so my lists such as "Top 10 Euro Resource Allocation" games would be really useless in that context in the grand scheme of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.