Subject: Improved quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

Has anyone noticed that the wave 4 ships have muuch improved paint jobs?
Now don't get me wrong x-wing miniatures were always head above the rest but you did find on some models too liberal use of wash or missed spots
but wave 4 looks very crisp............or maybe i was lucky enough to get the top of the range paint jobs

Any views?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my defenders didn't get it's black wash so it's quite blue. But yeah they all look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the quality has always been a bit inconsistent. There were occasional reports about poor paint jobs as well as praise for the excellent quality. This is manual work with thousands of copies, so it should be expected to vary like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to add that the X-wing that came with the Rebel Transport is significantly better quality than the ones that came in my core sets & X-wing pack.

On my older X-wings, basically none of the guns point the same direction - they are all over the place! Even on the one where they point the same direction, this direction is clearly to the right of where it should be (ie, not parallel to the ship).

With the new X-wing, the paint job is a clear improvement (more precise use of the wash) and the assembly is spot on - nothing is seems to be out of alignment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
The wash on one of my E-wings is pretty lopsided. One side has big pools of black in every crevasse and the other side has like none at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shazbot wrote:
The wash on one of my E-wings is pretty lopsided. One side has big pools of black in every crevasse and the other side has like none at all.

Almost like is crash landed in a swamp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Rubi wrote:
I've got to add that the X-wing that came with the Rebel Transport is significantly better quality than the ones that came in my core sets & X-wing pack.

On my older X-wings, basically none of the guns point the same direction - they are all over the place! Even on the one where they point the same direction, this direction is clearly to the right of where it should be (ie, not parallel to the ship).

With the new X-wing, the paint job is a clear improvement (more precise use of the wash) and the assembly is spot on - nothing is seems to be out of alignment.

The difference in the thickness of the primer between the old ships and new ones is huge. This probably also affected the sockets for mounting the lasers, etc.

So much detail is lost in the early runs of Wave 1 models - If you were to strip them down to the plastic and repaint, you'd find the models underneath to be exactly the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The original runs of Wave one and two were very low quality. But the reprints have been quite good. The Transport X is the best of the Rebel ships so far, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.