6 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: New player questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
H, I just played very 1st game of kemet didn't run to smoothly as I kept having to look up rules on here, wife not impressed :-) I know this has been bought up many times but can someone please clarify this,
1a, Attacker wins combat and has at least one unit left he can collect permanent victory point, then the defender either chooses to retreat or return all remaining units to their god, and collect that many p&p?
1b, attacker looses combat but has units left, and defender has at least 1 unit left, then the defeated attacker has to retreat or return to god to collect that many pp? Does not collect vp.
1c, what if the attacker looses combat but has at least one unit left, and the defender who wins combat has no units left?
1d, If the attacker was to win combat but has no units left and the defender has units left then I understand the rule now is the defender can stay there not having to retreat or return to gos, but can return to god if desired? If this is the case what benefit does the attacker gain for winning the combat?

Sorry to ask all these questions but I want to clarify it before playing again. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So always remember that there are two things that determine the winner of a battle.

Strength and Surviving units.

If one side or the other completely wipes out the other side, then no matter what the strength total was, the side with surviving units is the victor. That should answer 1c and 1d.

As for 1A and 1B, the loser of the battle always decides first whether to retreat or to take back units as prayer points. Then after the battle the victor of the battle can decide if they want to take back units as prayer points.

This game is a ton of fun, but sounds like you might want to give the rulebook a good study before your next game, that way hopefully your wife and anyone else can enjoy it!

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1a, Attacker wins combat and has at least one unit left he can collect permanent victory point, then the defender either chooses to retreat or return all remaining units to their god, and collect that many p&p?

Correct.

After the defender's choice (recall or retreat) the winner can then decided to recall or stay. Winner still gets the permanent victory point even if recall is chosen.

Quote:
1b, attacker looses combat but has units left, and defender has at least 1 unit left, then the defeated attacker has to retreat or return to god to collect that many pp? Does not collect vp.

Correct. And again, the winning defender can then choose to recall or stay.

Quote:
1c, what if the attacker looses combat but has at least one unit left, and the defender who wins combat has no units left?

Then attacker doesn't get a victory point and can choose to recall or stay.

Quote:
1d, If the attacker was to win combat but has no units left and the defender has units left then I understand the rule now is the defender can stay there not having to retreat or return to gos, but can return to god if desired? If this is the case what benefit does the attacker gain for winning the combat?

Correct defender chooses to recall or stay. Attacker gets nothing and shouldn't of attacked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, Reading through the forums for this battle retreat/recall/stay action is mind boggling, lots of people saying different rules, im taking it that win or lose attacking or defending, if your the only one with a unit you can recall or stay there? You only get vp if you win as the attacker and have at least one unit remaining, in that case the defender has to get out of the space.

Couple of other qs my wife asked,
If you retreat, on your next turn can you return to the space you just retreated from to battle the same troop?

can you teleport just a creature from a city space with a pyramid? Leaving the troop it was with behind, as long as the creature transports to a obelisk where you have troops?

Do you find that nobody really moves normally? Without using the transportation? Maybe I just need to play more, we just kept on doing the same things really. Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stevieram wrote:
Couple of other qs my wife asked,
If you retreat, on your next turn can you return to the space you just retreated from to battle the same troop?

Yes. Sometimes this is a great tactic - attack for high damage even if it means you lose, then come back next turn to obliterate the weakened enemy troop.

Stevieram wrote:
can you teleport just a creature from a city space with a pyramid? Leaving the troop it was with behind, as long as the creature transports to a obelisk where you have troops?

No. A creature only moves as part of a unit/troop moving.

Stevieram wrote:
Do you find that nobody really moves normally? Without using the transportation? Maybe I just need to play more, we just kept on doing the same things really. Thank you

Depends on the game. If someone stacks God Speed and a creature that gives movement points, they'll move a lot. Or if Stargate/Teleport/Priest of Ra are already gone, you might decide to invest in creatures simply in order to save your PP, especially if you're heavy Red and have access to great creatures but a poor economy that won't let you keep teleporting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johanna J.

Marina Del Rey
California
msg tools
Zacrulo wrote:

If one side or the other completely wipes out the other side, then no matter what the strength total was, the side with surviving units is the victor. That should answer 1c and 1d.

I beg to differ with your explanation.

In the rulebook it clearly states:

"The player with the higher Battle value wins the battle"

And further down even clarifies more:

"It is possible for the winner to lose all of his units. He is still the winner, even if the defender has survivors left."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.