Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Revised Turbolasers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Having a better comp has allowed me to revise my turbolaser towers and make the a fair bit cheaper. Now they are compatible price wise with fighters

In a single pack

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2276725/turbolaser-turret-re...

and a three pack

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2282282/turbolaser-turret-1-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks good. I have always been a fan of your work, bought a few as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Verhelst
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, but I don't know anything about the different material options. Can you explain how those work? Any recommendations on which to order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Well. I almost always say frosted detail or ultra frosted for quality. But most people who have gotten the turbolaser towers in White strong and flexible do not have any issues with them probably due to the simplicity of the shape (if anyone has a different story let me know) WSF is the sturdiest material it can work for simple shapes and capital ships but with few exceptions (this being one) i wouldnt suggest using it. It takes a bit of clean up but a toothbrush and warn water should do the job.
Frosted and ultra frosted detail are less sturdy but the best materials for detail work. i wouldnt suggest getting fighters and such in anything else. The detailing on frosted detail isnt quite as precise as ultra frosted but it is a fair bit more durable so a better choice (in my eyes) for miniatures. WSF is also considerably cheaper that the detail materials
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.