massimiliano barucca
Italy
flag msg tools

1) i have to apply the result of the action dice first and then choose to reroll one? or i can reroll one die before its effect?
Example: Carpenter with 2 determination tokens: roll the 3 brown action dice. result: unsuccess-take 2 determination tokens; 1 wound; 1 adventure.
now I can use my previuous 2 determination tokens to reroll one die. if i choose to reroll the success die, can i take before the 2 determination tokens? if i can do it, so it's always useless to reroll one of the other 2 dice.

2) if due to the event we have to decrees the palisade, but we can't. who take damage? the first player or every player?

thanks for answering and sorry for my english.

ciao
massimiliano

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have rolled the dice, you can
- either reroll the Success Die with Determination tokens you had BEFORE the roll
- or reroll one of the other two Dice with either Determination tokens you had before OR tokens you got due to the "unsuccessful" result of the Success Die

You can NEVER take Determination tokens due to the "unsuccessful" result of the Success Die AND THEN REROLL the Success Die!!!

Important - you can always use the ability of a character only once during a turn.

If you lose Palisades during ANY OTHER PHASE than the Action phase, ALL players will lose health if you don't have enough. If ANY EFFECT makes you lose Palisades or Roof or Weapons during the Action phase, and you don't have enough, ONLY the player PERFORMING the action loses health!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You roll, then eventually re-roll and then you apply effects. So you can't use determination tokens you eventually get from the roll to re-roll.

from the rules p 13 wrote:
When the effect of a card or a die roll affects all the players and they can’t resolve it, each of them receives 1 Wound for each level of the demands that wasn't able to be met.
For example:
- if players have to decrease the Roof, the Palisade or the Weapons
level by 1 but it is already on level 0, then each player receives 1
Wound.

Guess the rules say it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:
1. You roll, then eventually re-roll and then you apply effects. So you can't use determination tokens you eventually get from the roll to re-roll.

Yes, you can. Just not for rerolling the Success Die...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raúl Polo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Important - you can always use the ability of a character only once during a turn.

I use an ability during the turn. I know I can't use that ability, but can I use other during the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on the new rulebook now.

Checking the old FAQ threads which seem to say that you can spend the 2 determination tokens from the success die (for failing) to re-roll the wound die.

But the dice are resolved in order, so the wound die would have already been resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.