Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my boys and I got in our first game of Villains last night, and things certainly didn't go our way. Here was the game set-up:

Commander: Doctor Strange
Adversaries: Uncanny Avengers, Marvel Knights, Defenders
Back-up Adversaries: Cops
Plot: Crush Hydra
Villains: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Mystero, Sabertooth, Juggernaught

After some discussion on who goes first (which is the norm when playing with the two boys) and finally a flip of a coin, our inaugural game of Legendary: Villains. In the lair were two Mysterios, two Juggernaughts and one Doc Ock, unfortunately all at least a cost of five.

The first adversaries out were Ghost Rider, Havok, Namor, Ghost Rider and a cop. Given unlucky draws and an inability to recruit any attack other than new recruits, we were only able to take out Havok and the cops before things started to go bad. Next up in The adversary deck was a plot twist, a command strike and another plot twist. All of a sudden, we went from adversaries that had attack 5 to attack 7 with no way to defeat them.

Lucky for us, we had some luck, the next three cards were either bystanders or cops and we were able to keep any adversaries from overtaking the city. Then things turned again. Our next cards were plot twist, daredevil, command strike and another plot twist. Suddenly we had three adversaries with+4 sitting on the edge of the city, we were out of new recruits and the best attack we were able to pull together yet was 7. Things were looking grim. We were able to stay in there for a few more turns, but our inability to generate any real attack resulted in three heroes to escape the city within just a few more turns. Given the number of early plot twists, it only took 3 to result in 11 Allies (actually 12) to escape. Good Wins.

The good news is that even though Doctor Strange manhandled us, the boys and I still loved playing with the Villains. The oldest was already seeing possible combinations for future playthroughs.

For the most part the art was great, but there were a few that looked pretty cheesy. I also loved the playmat, to the point I am now thinking about ordering a regular Legendary mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my regular playmat. I definitely recommend picking one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalel42 wrote:
I love my regular playmat. I definitely recommend picking one up.

Where did you get the regular playmat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine at Gen Con last year (I went with the standard board design rather than the limited my little pony style Thor one they had, I'm not joking), but I'm pretty sure I've seen them at my FLGS and CSI has them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to the playmat at CoolStuffInc: http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/197808
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniaturemarket.com also sells the mat, however, they are currently out of stock. The only reason I bring them up is because when/if it does come back in stock it may be only 13.99 to purchase. If they do get them back in stock I'm not sure if they will continue to sell them for 13.99 since it was a special price. I was lucky enough to get in on that deal before they sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.