Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
111 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: an inconvenient truth : REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS DID NOT SWITCH SIDES ON RACISM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is fun to see the college level debate teams on RSP flip out anytime the racism of the DemocRat party is brought to light. Invariably the conversation leads to some kid claiming a "magical shift" in their party where the DemocRats took all of the good guys and republicans embraced all the bad guys. While it is certainly convenient (especially if you are a DemocRat), it is not the truth. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

and now , one of my favorite articles on the subject.

http://blackrepublican.blogspot.com/2012/06/republicans-and-...

Quote:
REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS DID NOT SWITCH SIDES ON RACISM
By Frances Rice

As a result of unrelenting efforts by Democrats to shift their racist past onto the backs of Republicans, using the mantra: "the parties switched sides", a lot of people have requested an article addressing this issue.

It does not make sense to believe that racist Democrats suddenly rushed into the Republican Party, especially after Republicans spent nearly 150 years fighting for black civil rights. In fact, the racist Democrats declared they would rather vote for a "yellow dog" than a Republican because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.

From the time of its inception in 1854 as the anti-slavery party, the Republican Party has always been the party of freedom and equality for blacks. As author Michael Scheuer wrote, the Democratic Party is the party of the four S's: slavery, secession, segregation and now socialism. Democrats have been running black communities for the past 50+ years, and the socialist policies of the Democrats have turned those communities into economic and social wastelands.

An alarming view of what America will be like in a few years due to unbridled socialism being pushed by President Barack Obama and his Democratic Party cohorts, is contained in the article: "Detroit: The Moral of the Story" by Kevin D. Williamson that is posted on the Internet.

Democrats first used brutality and discriminatory laws to stop blacks from voting for Republicans. Democrats now use deception and government handouts to keep blacks from voting for Republicans. In his book, "Dreams From My Father," Obama described what he and other Democrats do to poor blacks as "plantation politics."

The racist Democrats of the 1950's and 1960's that Republicans were fighting died Democrats. One racist Democrat who survived until 2010 was US Senator Robert Byrd, a former recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan. Notably, the Ku Klux Klan was started by Democrats in 1866 and became the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party for the purpose of terrorizing and lynching Republicans—black and white. Byrd became a prominent leader in the Democrat-controlled Congress where he was honored by his fellow Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate."

Byrd was a fierce opponent of desegregating the military and complained in one letter: "I would rather die a thousand times and see old glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen of the wilds."

Democrats denounced US Senator Trent Lott for his remarks about US Senator Strom Thurmond. However, there was silence when Democrat US Senator Christopher Dodd praised Byrd as someone who would have been "a great senator for any moment." Thurmond was never in the Ku Klux Klan and, after he became a Republican, Thurmond defended blacks against lynching and the discriminatory poll taxes imposed on blacks by Democrats.
While turning a blind eye to how the Democratic Party embraced Byrd until his death, Democrats regularly lambaste the Republican Party about David Duke, a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

Ignored are the facts that the Republican Party never embraced Duke and when he ran for the Republican Party presidential nomination in 1992, Republican Party officials tried to block his participation. Hypocritical is the word for how Democrats also ignore Duke's long participation in the Democratic Party with no efforts by Democrats to block him. Below is Duke's political history in Louisiana, which has an open primary system.

Duke ran for Louisiana State Senator as a Democrat in 1975. He ran again for the Louisiana State Senate in 1979 as a Democrat. In 1988, he made a bid for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination. Then, on election day in 1988, he had himself listed on the presidential ballot as an "Independent Populist." After his unbroken string of losses as a Democrat and an Independent Populist, Duke decided to describe himself as a Republican, then ran the following races where he lost every time: in 1989 he ran for Louisiana State Representative; in 1990, he ran for US Senator; in 1991 he ran for Governor of Louisiana; in 1992 he ran for president; in 1996 he ran for US Senator; and in 1999 he ran for US Representative.

Contrary to popular belief, President Lyndon Johnson did not predict a racist exodus to the Republican Party from the Democratic Party because of Johnson's support of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Omitted from the Democrats' rewritten history is what Johnson actually meant by his prediction.

Johnson feared that the racist Democrats would again form a third party, such as the short-lived States Rights Democratic Party. In fact, Alabama's Democrat Governor George C. Wallace in 1968 started the American Independent Party that attracted other racist candidates, including Democrat Governor Lester Maddox.

Behind closed doors, Johnson said: "These Negroes, they're getting uppity these days. That's a problem for us, since they got something now they never had before. The political pull to back up their upityness. Now, we've got to do something about this. We've got to give them a little something. Just enough to quiet them down, but not enough to make a difference. If we don't move at all, their allies will line up against us. And there'll be no way to stop them. It'll be Reconstruction all over again."

Little known by many today is the fact that it was Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Johnson, who pushed through the 1964 Civil Rights Act. In fact, Dirksen was instrumental to the passage of civil rights legislation in 1957, 1960, 1964, 1965 and 1968. Dirksen wrote the language for the 1965 Voting Rights Act. Dirksen also crafted the language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited discrimination in housing.

Democrats condemn Republican President Richard Nixon for his so-called "Southern Strategy." These same Democrats expressed no concern when the racially segregated South voted solidly for Democrats for over 100 years, while deriding Republicans because of the thirty-year odyssey of the South switching to the Republican Party.

The "Southern Strategy" that began in the 1970's was an effort by Nixon to get fair-minded people in the South to stop voting for Democrats who did not share their values and were discriminating against blacks. Georgia did not switch until 2004, and Louisiana was controlled by Democrats until the election of Republican Bobby Jindal, a person of color, as governor in 2007.

As the co-architect of Nixon's "Southern Strategy", Pat Buchanan provided a first-hand account of the origin and intent of that strategy in a 2002 article posted on the Internet. Buchanan wrote that Nixon declared that the Republican Party would be built on a foundation of states' rights, human rights, small government and a strong national defense. Nixon said he would leave it to the Democratic Party to squeeze the last ounce of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did not switch sides, just decided to use similar language to appeal to similar voters.

If the Republicons keep up with this they are gona turn of eve more blacks voters.

We are not racist, we just do not want spicks in our country, and want the right to be racist if we wish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Republican campaign strategist Lee Atwater in 1981 on the evolution of the "Southern Strategy":

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."

-Lamis, Alexander P. et al. (1990) The Two Party South. New York: Oxford University Press. (per Wikipedia)

11 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow's thread: the faked moon landing and why people keep thinking it really happened.
18 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Tomorrow's thread: the faked moon landing and why people keep thinking it really happened.


Silly boy. You have to get it right. How Democrats faked the moon landing and why Republicans are being kept from exposing what really happened.

Haven't you learned the rules to this game yet?
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That article does a great job cherry-picking a half dozen or so factoids and using them to UTTERLY DEMOLISH the overwhelming weight of historical evidence.
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Try again drew, next time use more Caps, it might help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
That article does a great job cherry-picking a half dozen or so factoids and using them to UTTERLY DEMOLISH the overwhelming weight of historical evidence.


Rick, Jeremy. Jeremy, Rick. We expect a clean fight, so go to your corner and when the bell sounds, be prepared for facts to be optional.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
The democrat party is and has traditionally been the party of racists. AND the sky is blue.

The racism has changed its face over the years. Today dems act as if cutting a welfare program is based on racial bias instead of the economic reality of unsustainable debt. Dem view of minorities is so low that they think without gov't assistance minorities cannot take care if themselves. "The soft bigotry of low expectations" is still bigotry.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yawn.


Cutting social welfare programs hurts those in need. There's nothing racist about that in the least. You could argue it's somehow classist maybe, but you'd still be on thin ice. 'People who currently need assistance are hurt when that assistance is taken away from them.' Doesn't seem too complex a concept.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
It is fun to see the college level debate teams on RSP flip out anytime the racism of the DemocRat party is brought to light. Invariably the conversation leads to some kid claiming a "magical shift" in their party where the DemocRats took all of the good guys and republicans embraced all the bad guys. While it is certainly convenient (especially if you are a DemocRat), it is not the truth. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.


How else does one explain how all the Southern states, which used to go Democrat in each election, now vote Republican? The "Southern Strategy" explains it and fits the reality we see today.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
The democrat party is and has traditionally been the party of racists. AND the sky is blue.

The racism has changed its face over the years. Today dems act as if cutting a welfare program is based on racial bias instead of the economic reality of unsustainable debt. Dem view of minorities is so low that they think without gov't assistance minorities cannot take care if themselves. "The soft bigotry of low expectations" is still bigotry.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yawn.


The bigotry is your implicit assumption that those who need gov't assistance are primarily/solely minorities.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
It is fun to see the college level debate teams on RSP flip out anytime the racism of the DemocRat party is brought to light. Invariably the conversation leads to some kid claiming a "magical shift" in their party where the DemocRats took all of the good guys and republicans embraced all the bad guys. While it is certainly convenient (especially if you are a DemocRat), it is not the truth. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.


How else does one explain how all the Southern states, which used to go Democrat in each election, now vote Republican? The "Southern Strategy" explains it and fits the reality we see today.


It's all a democratic ploy. Those aren't REAL republicans, they're plants brought into commit voter fraud and make the Republican party look bad.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
The democrat party is and has traditionally been the party of racists. AND the sky is blue.

The racism has changed its face over the years. Today dems act as if cutting a welfare program is based on racial bias instead of the economic reality of unsustainable debt. Dem view of minorities is so low that they think without gov't assistance minorities cannot take care if themselves. "The soft bigotry of low expectations" is still bigotry.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yawn.


The bigotry is your implicit assumption that those who need gov't assistance are primarily/solely minorities.


LOL. At least we agree. But That is not my assumption. I am saying it is the dem assumption.

Care to counter?



I think Democrats are for gov't assistance for any/all who need it, regardless of ethnicity; the ethnicity only becomes a discussion point when right-wingers/neocons get involved.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
As a person who was there... both during the era of the extremely overtly racist democratic party, through the era of the Civil Rights movement, LBJ and juts the overall transforming years of the 50's and 60's - the article is accurate. That's how we learned it around the dinner table, in school and in my teen years at where I worked.

The first democrat that ever appeared on my own little radar who wasn't clearly a racist was JFK. But LBJ was an unrepentant racist as were pretty much all the popular democrats of the era. I was attracted, as a young teen, to the republican party and Barry Goldwater in part because of the history I learned in school... pre-liberal revisions of the 70's and 80's... that clearly spelled out the nature of the republicans back to Lincoln and the underlying racism of the democrats.

Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.

So hey, if it makes you liberals feel better to believe you're on the right side of history then by all means, take another toke.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
The democrat party is and has traditionally been the party of racists. AND the sky is blue.

The racism has changed its face over the years. Today dems act as if cutting a welfare program is based on racial bias instead of the economic reality of unsustainable debt. Dem view of minorities is so low that they think without gov't assistance minorities cannot take care if themselves. "The soft bigotry of low expectations" is still bigotry.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Yawn.


The bigotry is your implicit assumption that those who need gov't assistance are primarily/solely minorities.


LOL. At least we agree. But That is not my assumption. I am saying it is the dem assumption.

Care to counter?



That's not exactly right. The assumption at work here - which appears to be borne out by the data - is that cuts in government spending on social welfare programs disproportionately affect women and minorities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
The "Southern Strategy" explains it and fits the reality we see today.
wow, I am used to dealing with the college level historians but not the high school level ones.

I will provide you a quick link to the southern strategy here that your social studies teacher may have left out.

http://claremont.org/index.php?act=crbArticle&id=1073

I think Pat Buchanan explained it best.

Quote:
The goal: Draw attention to the hypocrisy of the Democrats and show respect for blacks. According to Buchanan, Nixon opposed Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society programs not because of any animus toward blacks but because he felt it would lead to a dependent welfare society.

“What the Left never understood, or would never accept, is that Nixon brought the South into the Republican column not because he shared their views on segregation or civil rights. He did not. What we shared was the South’s contempt for a liberal press and hypocritical Democratic Party that had coexisted happily with [pro-segregation] Dixiecrats for a century but got religion when conservative Republicans began to steal the South away from them,” he wrote.


http://washingtonexaminer.com/pat-buchanan-book-busts-myth-n...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
The "Southern Strategy" explains it and fits the reality we see today.
wow, I am used to dealing with the college level historians but not the high school level ones.

I will provide you a quick link to the southern strategy here that your social studies teacher may have left out.

http://claremont.org/index.php?act=crbArticle&id=1073

I think Pat Buchanan explained it best.

Quote:
The goal: Draw attention to the hypocrisy of the Democrats and show respect for blacks. According to Buchanan, Nixon opposed Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society programs not because of any animus toward blacks but because he felt it would lead to a dependent welfare society.

“What the Left never understood, or would never accept, is that Nixon brought the South into the Republican column not because he shared their views on segregation or civil rights. He did not. What we shared was the South’s contempt for a liberal press and hypocritical Democratic Party that had coexisted happily with [pro-segregation] Dixiecrats for a century but got religion when conservative Republicans began to steal the South away from them,” he wrote.


http://washingtonexaminer.com/pat-buchanan-book-busts-myth-n...


I'm still waiting for a right-winger to explain:

- How/why the South votes overwhelmingly red (when I assume you agree most of the people we would agree are racists were/are there) when previously they voted blue.

- Why blacks vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?
No, only the stupid ones, that is the whole point.

Look blacks if you are not a moron vote Republican.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?


Gee, nice try.

"Democrats" aren't racist and I never said that. I said that the democratic party historically was the party that had racist principles. That's a historical fact. The republican party espoused principles of racial equality. Another historical fact.

You, and the rest of the Libs here, are free to believe whatever you want to believe and frankly I don't even blame you for your stupidity - you were taught to hate people who voted a certain way and you've been taught to believe that democrats, in an amazing and unprecedented mass ideological exodus, suddenly became republicans at the exact time that republicans, in an even more amazing way, became racists.

Blacks vote the way they vote for the same reason whites vote the way they vote - ignorance and the difficult task of not only shoveling the shit aside to get at the core truths, but of accepting the ego-busting reality that you're wrong and that you have enabled racists and criminals through your own intellectual sloth and pathetic need to be "right".
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?

Have you considered the possibility that both parties are racist and black people gauge for themselves individually which they think the lesser of the two evils at each election? In that respect they're not funamentally different from other people.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?

Have you considered the possibility that both parties are racist and black people gauge for themselves individually which they think the lesser of the two evils at each election? In that respect they're not funamentally different from other people.


Jesus Moshe, what a massive load of shit. I actually trust your assessment of the politics and threats in Israel and the Mideast, but try and stay out of American politics because you end up looking as stupid as Slater... and that is no easy feat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
whac3 wrote:
pdoherty wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Doesn't really matter how much the current era of Libtards and holier-than-thou morons want it to not be that way, that's the way it is. You can certainly rewrite history, and for all intents and purposes even recent history has been rewritten to narrate a false story of republican racism. But unless you burn all the books prior to the rewrite you still haven't revised actual history.


Problem is your account of the history doesn't gibe with the reality that the South goes red every election, and the further reality that blacks vote for Democrats. Are they simply too stupid to know that Democrats are the racists?

Have you considered the possibility that both parties are racist and black people gauge for themselves individually which they think the lesser of the two evils at each election? In that respect they're not funamentally different from other people.


Jesus Moshe, what a massive load of shit. I actually trust your assessment of the politics and threats in Israel and the Mideast, but try and stay out of American politics because you end up looking as stupid as Slater... and that is no easy feat.

You seriously don't think both parties are regarded by most minorities, including black people, as racist? What percentage of the population is white and now what percentage of US politicians are? You honestly don't think the US party system favors upper class white men? Seriously?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

You seriously don't think both parties are regarded by most minorities, including black people, as racist? What percentage of the population is white and now what percentage of US politicians are? You honestly don't think the US party system favors upper class white men? Seriously?


Everything is racist for some people. It's not only tedious, but it buries actual racism under a fucking huge mountain of whining and bogus claims. So, seriously, I actually don't believe that just because a person is white and gets elected it's due to whites being racist.

That's why I said you're posting a load of shit. It is shit. And stupid.

Okay. I'm bored now. Next up - Shreve telling us that everyone but him is a racist, including any supreme court justice that happens to be black.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
whac3 wrote:

You seriously don't think both parties are regarded by most minorities, including black people, as racist? What percentage of the population is white and now what percentage of US politicians are? You honestly don't think the US party system favors upper class white men? Seriously?


Everything is racist for some people. It's not only tedious, but it buries actual racism under a fucking huge mountain of whining and bogus claims. So, seriously, I actually don't believe that just because a person is white and gets elected it's due to whites being racist.

That's why I said you're posting a load of shit. It is shit. And stupid.

Okay. I'm bored now. Next up - Shreve telling us that everyone but him is a racist, including any supreme court justice that happens to be black.

Tripp;

There's two kinds of racism. There's the "We hate your guts/want to kill you because you're [x]" kind of racism. That's the kind that comes up when Israel dares defend itself but in US society at large is not typically such a problem anymore. Then there's systematic institutionalized and/or socially ingrained racism. The former is in your face evil, but the latter is simply not. Because it is not, it's much more insidious are harder to realistically deal with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.