Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good sign as to why X-wing hasn't, nor likely will venture into Prequal land. (Yes, yes, I know they don't have the liscening anyway)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/americas-favorite-star-wa...

The three prequal movies are ranked in the bottom third of a surevey monkey audience poll. Jar Jar Binks is more hated than the Emperor Palpatine himself. Not a surprise to Star Wars fans, but wow. Sadly, almost 1 in 4 people are under the dillusion that Greedo shot first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Critical marketing information
They have used a few thinks from the prequels, i think the senators shuttle that comes with the core set is from the prequels among other things. So i don't think it is a licensing issues. I know FFG stated before that X-Wing is just or the Rebellion era, but they did not say if they would make a compatible game for the prequel movies. They have already released info on their 2nd card game, so i hope they choose to make a new mini game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Han shot first!" thing always bugs me, for insanely nitpicky reasons. There was only one shot in the original film! Nobody shot second, so Han could't have shot "first." He just shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
The "Han shot first!" thing always bugs me, for insanely nitpicky reasons. There was only one shot in the original film! Nobody shot second, so Han could't have shot "first." He just shot!

I agree. It's just that "Han shot" is ambiguous, and "Only Han Shot" just doesn't have the same ring as "Han Shot first". I think the "first" part triggers something in our memories from adolescence of claiming "he hit me first!" So "Han Shot first" is both a protest, but also a subconscious (or perhaps conscious on some peoples part) recognition that the whole thing has an aire of "super incredibly important thing to be correct on that is really actually pointless in the grander scheme of the universe."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
which is too bad. Movies and characters aside the prequels had some neat ships in them. I have no doubt that they will be able to continue to mine the movies and the EU, games etc to find many more ships.

If you dont think it is possible look into how many lego ships have been made under the license.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some great individual moments in the prequels -- most of them purely visual, like the ending sequence of Attack of the Clones and Order 66 from Revenge of the Sith, which speaks to where Lucas' strengths as a story-teller really lie -- but they're spread out over too much other stuff I just don't care about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
but they're spread out over too much other stuff I just don't care about.

I was just thinking about that last night and how Episode 1 only seems to bring in the justification for the Clones. Which is a little much.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:

Han Shot First...in 1977. Greedo didn't get a shot in until twenty years later.

Although, I may be biased based on my wife's roller derby name: http://www.mnrollergirls.com/skaters-and-personnel/hannah-sh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
(Yes, yes, I know they don't have the liscening anyway)

That's actually a myth. There are a number of things from the prequels that are in the game.

Like the CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle, or Seismic Charges. Also the idea that they don't have the licencing for Prequel stuff was started as conjuncture by people here or the FFG boards, people who have no way of actually knowing what the Licencing agreement between FFG and LFL actually is, or what it includes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:

Something happening first does not require something else to happen second. "Han shot first!" is essentially a truncation of a sentence such as "Greedo was going to kill Han, but Han shot first!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:
DailyRich wrote:

Han Shot First...in 1977. Greedo didn't get a shot in until twenty years later.

Although, I may be biased based on my wife's roller derby name: http://www.mnrollergirls.com/skaters-and-personnel/hannah-sh...

Awesome name, and hats off to finding that lass
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.